Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Very interesting article about the 2013 ballot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(01-12-2012, 06:53 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really sick of the whole "even if you take steroids, you still have to hit the ball to get a home run" argument. How many times in a game are there flyouts to the warning track, where if the ball was hit 2 feet more it would go over the fence. PEDs give you that extra push, that extra 2 feet.
+1
(01-12-2012, 12:02 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought one of the interesting discussions was the case for Bonds and Clemens, since they are facing federal charges on perjury for lying about taking PEDs. It's one thing to have been rumored about taking steriods, but being accused of lying infront of a grand jury is another thing. We'll see how it plays out on the ballot next year. It should be very controversial.
I don't even care about that anymore. Can't say it bothers me that much that some baseball players lied to members of the government when the members of the government lie to the people they "represent" everyday anyway.
I do believe that if people are going to not vote for someone due to steroids, they better have actual proof/evidence of it. Speculation is just that, speculation. If people went around everyday making all of their decisions that affect other people on pure speculation, we'd be in a world of hurt.
(01-12-2012, 08:38 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even care about that anymore. Can't say it bothers me that much that some baseball players lied to members of the government when the members of the government lie to the people they "represent" everyday anyway.
I do believe that if people are going to not vote for someone due to steroids, they better have actual proof/evidence of it. Speculation is just that, speculation. If people went around everyday making all of their decisions that affect other people on pure speculation, we'd be in a world of hurt.
Cha-ching! Like congress has room to talk lol look at their approval rating
Wasn't there a statistic about how much tax payer money "our" government is/was spending on the PED investigation?
I would also believe Bonds lies more than a politicians lies any day of the week.

(01-12-2012, 08:38 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say it bothers me that much that some baseball players lied to members of the government when the members of the government lie to the people they "represent" everyday anyway.
It's the HALL OF FAME
Not the Hall of stats.
They will get in because they are FAMOUS FOR HAVING INCREDIBLE STATS DUE* TO USING STEROIDS..this will be the issue of the era...and 50 yrs form now when mcguire and bonds are in the HOF- we will talk about what they did and how they did it...not that it was right...but that it was done..its a sad truth..
i dont like cheaters...
but that's the way it is- that is history
(01-13-2012, 01:29 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the HALL OF FAME
Not the Hall of stats.
They will get in because they are FAMOUS FOR HAVING INCREDIBLE STATS DUE* TO USING STEROIDS..this will be the issue of the era...and 50 yrs form now when mcguire and bonds are in the HOF- we will talk about what they did and how they did it...not that it was right...but that it was done..its a sad truth..
i dont like cheaters...
but that's the way it is- that is history
Then Pete Rose better be in alongside mcgwire and Bonds. Theres a saying in spanish that goes like this: The sauce thats good for the turkey is also good for the "female turkey" (theres no word for female turkey in english)lol..... Basically whats good for one is good for the other as well.
I think the only way a steroid player should be voted in is if Pete Rose is allowed back in to baseball just for the HOF and that they have a note about their steroid use with their plaques. Bud Selig hates Pete Rose and will never let him in the HOF though. I think the note is fair; after all the Commissioner put an asterisk next to Maris's homerun record just because the sport had more games played in his time then when Ruth held it.

I also wonder how many good years Mattingly would have had in him if he had cheated and used steroids like his 1B All-Star companion, McGuire. It seems that Mattingly gets discriminated against from the baseball writes because he did the right think and had a short career due to his back and the fact that he played on crappy Yankees teams and never made the playoffs. He was still one of the best 1B (if not the best clean 1B) of his era.
After reading your comment, I REALLY like Selig.
(01-13-2012, 02:24 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]After reading your comment, I REALLY like Selig.
I guess you get to like him for 2 more years b/c he just got an extension on his contract.
(01-13-2012, 02:25 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you get to like him for 2 more years b/c he just got an extension on his contract.

Is it 2 years at 30 million per???? lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5