Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2008-09 Skybox Gravity Packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Normally I am more of a reader than a poster on the baseball and basketball boards, but I thought I'd like to share what I came up with last week.

I work at a K-Mart in Bradenton Fl as I can while on disability. I have noticed how the skybox items have gone nuts lately, including the 2008-09 unopened material. At our store we had 36 packs left from a 48 pack gravity box of 2008-09 Skybox sitting there. I decided what the heck and bought them. The next day I was in the Sarasota K-Mart getting a prescription and they had 31 packs left so I snagged those also. I have not opened any packs in over a year (slowly trying to get my collection down from 200,000+ cards down to around 50,000), but I figured what the heck.

I figured that any game-used cards would be pulled from the packs and I was correct in that. However, I was hoping for a ruby or two. I pulled three (pics coming). I will state up front that the base cards and the metal universe cards are for trade and are in organize. The rubies will eventually go on the 'bay for auction. If you are interested in something, do not ask me to check you, you check my wants. They are expressly isolated in folders in my organize. I am only looking for the cards on my wantlists (player and set). There is no sense in me going through countless folders looking for the odd thing. If you want something you see, you do the work. Sorry about the mini-rant, but that is one of my pet peeves around here. I may be in the minority on that...

Here are the pics...

First the Metal Universe cards:

Photobucket

The cards are: Vince Carter, Paul Pierce, Manu Ginobili, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Andre Iguodala, Brandon Roy, Ryan Anderson, George Hill, and DJ White.

In the Bradenton packs, I pulled this (number 15/50)

Photobucket

In the Sarasota store, I pulled this (9/50)

Photobucket

and this (9/50)

Photobucket

Needless to say I nearly needed new underwear!
Wow, insane. I pulled only 3 total rubies out of 2 full gravity feed boxes. At least they were decent players (Kidd, Vince Carter x2, his base and Close-Up card) but that MJ is SICK.
The crazier part is that back when the set first came out, I pulled the Rose ruby. Unfortunately I sold it for about $75 shortly thereafter. I bought these packs figuring that I could come close to putting the set together with what I previously opened. I was hoping to get a regular Rose for the set, but alas it was not meant to be. But oh what consolation prizes!!!
Thats just sick, I'd need new pants as well....I thought the Rose was coming as I was reading...uhm not a bad time to be wrong for you Smile
If I can beg you, please don't put that Iverson up on the bay. Let me see if I have anything you need for it. Thanks.
Nevermind, I don't have anything you need. Sad When you do put it up, PM me please. Thanks.
who do you collect, i would love that jordan for my pc.
(01-10-2012, 10:00 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]who do you collect, i would love that jordan for my pc.
Jeez ping just look at your sig...don't you have enough?

(obviously stated from a standpoint of extreme envy)
That is a great find...2008-09 product is going for insane prices right now...I probably would have been tempted to sell them unopened...Good thing you went for it...Sweet MJ
That MJ Rubies is Awesome. Congrats!!!!!
Sweet mj
Pages: 1 2