Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: slightly OT: Has anyone ever had this problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I mailed a card out for a trade on January 3. It was supposed to go from MI to Cali...according to the DC#s the card should've been there on the 6th. I get a message today because the card hasn't arrived. I search the #...you'll love this...

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
January 09, 2012, 4:48 pm
BROOKLYN, NY 11256

Depart USPS Sort Facility
January 07, 2012
NEW YORK, NY 10199

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
January 07, 2012, 2:37 am
NEW YORK, NY 10199

Dispatched to Sort Facility
January 03, 2012, 6:54 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49686

Acceptance
January 03, 2012, 3:08 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49686

So a card goin to Cali gets to have a lovely little detour through NYC, and is now randomly in Brooklyn?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?!? Has anyone had this problem before?

I have one off ebay going on right now lol Gotta love the PO and they wonder why they're going broke. BTW if you trade me the Brees I dont live in Cali so it would come straight here.
mail sent from Buffalo to Toronto (approx. 1.5 hours away) goes through Chicago before it gets to me ??? don't you just love Post Wink
(01-09-2012, 07:10 PM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]I have one off ebay going on right now lol Gotta love the PO and they wonder why they're going broke. BTW if you trade me the Brees I dont live in Cali so it would come straight here.
nice try lol I've got another one on ebay doing a circle around Brooklyn right now as well...I hope it's not yours or I'll feel bad!
(01-09-2012, 07:14 PM)pbean Wrote: [ -> ]mail sent from Buffalo to Toronto (approx. 1.5 hours away) goes through Chicago before it gets to me ??? don't you just love Post Wink
my main problem is it's been circling NY/Brooklyn for 3 days, it was supposed to be there 3 days ago!
It because they are closing sorting facilities. That and they are getting ready for the whole No Saturday thing. Shipping is going to take longer now. And soon First class is going to be changed to more of a parcel post type of service. Of Course the price won't go down just slower delivery times.
(01-09-2012, 07:18 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: [ -> ]It because they are closing sorting facilities. That and they are getting ready for the whole No Saturday thing. Shipping is going to take longer now. And soon First class is going to be changed to more of a parcel post type of service. Of Course the price won't go down just slower delivery times.
but still...3 days going in circles in NYC? Atleast have the PROJECTED delivery date be close Tongue lol the buyer AND trader is getting upset...and somehow its my fault Tongue lol
(01-09-2012, 07:22 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]but still...3 days going in circles in NYC? Atleast have the PROJECTED delivery date be close Tongue lol the buyer AND trader is getting upset...and somehow its my fault Tongue lol
Oh yeah I feel your pain. I Give away cards at Listia and even there the folks complain because they don't get their cards in 3 days. Its somehow my fault. I mean heck they are getting free cards why complain if they get in in 5 days instead of 3?
well in the post offices defense,they do make billions of deliveries a year. they all cant be perfect.
(01-09-2012, 07:10 PM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]I have one off ebay going on right now lol Gotta love the PO and they wonder why they're going broke. BTW if you trade me the Brees I dont live in Cali so it would come straight here.
there's more to the reasons why the post office is going broke. revenue isnt one of them. the public in general still love us. its the obligations that the po has to pay to its future retiree's that is costing the the post office 5 billion a year. profits are being made. but all the profits go to other government agencies. the post office never keeps a dime it makes.

Oh. I bought a DVD on December 23 - knowing I wouldn't get it until after Christmas..... It went through the Brooklyn PO. I wouldn't believe the seller if she said she sent it - 10 days after I bought and still no movie.....but DC was included.

I've never seen so many "accepted Brooklyn", "processed Brooklyn", "processed Brooklyn" - at least a week being kicked around AND being scanned in new York.

I got it on the 5th of January.
(01-09-2012, 10:36 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. I bought a DVD on December 23 - knowing I wouldn't get it until after Christmas..... It went through the Brooklyn PO. I wouldn't believe the seller if she said she sent it - 10 days after I bought and still no movie.....but DC was included.

I've never seen so many "accepted Brooklyn", "processed Brooklyn", "processed Brooklyn" - at least a week being kicked around AND being scanned in new York.

I got it on the 5th of January.
you guys figured it out! brooklyn is code for "lost". lol.

Pages: 1 2