Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: UPLOADING PICS TO BECKETT.COM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

has anyone had success with uploading pics to beckett.com? with my pc collection there are numerous cards i have scanned in high quality and the size is small and in JPEG format but every time i upload them it says successful but they never appear? thought anyone?
has to be approved by beckett. currently, there is no one approving the pics
I've been able to upload a ton of scans, but it is very time consuming.. The screen takes forever to upload, then I have taken back to the homepage, instead of staying on the card page that I am looking at. I uploaded all my Elite Black Box Lakers AUTOS a few weeks ago. Been wanting to upload more cards, but if it takes too long, I'd rather just upload them to my photobucket.

I did read that Beckett has to approve the photos for others to see.. It was on a post, so info may be wrong.

After uploading scans, I was able to go back in, and copy the link to post in the forums.

[Image: front_large_2832208.png]
[Image: 92-derek-fisher8-8292760#2]
It all depends on where you upload the picture. Regardless of wherever you upload the picture, it has to be approved to be the stock image and is kept in the Image Gallery for the card. At this time, there isn't an approval process as they've been working on other things.

However, the reason why I said that it depends on where you upload the picture is for the following reasons. If you upload the image from the card page, that image is not "attached" to any item you may already have in your Organize. And if you add that item to your Organize, it does not bring the picture over as it would if you had uploaded the picture from your Organize.

If you upload the picture from your Organize, that image is "attached" to THAT item. So, if you have 5 copies of one item in your Organize, that picture is ONLY attached to the one you clicked on, not all 5. All images, as stated earlier, will still go into the Image Gallery for that card. However, if you upload from your Organize, that image will show for that item if someone views that item in your Organize or if they look at it in the Trade function. This image will appear over the stock image.

System Uploaded Image (from Beckett)

Image uploaded by me

If you were to go to my Organize, you'll see my image over the stock image. But if you click on the image, you'll see all images loaded by everyone. Image upload has been seeming to go faster lately, last night I was able to upload about 20 images, front and back, in about 20 minutes, which used to take about an hour. So that's a plus. As soon as they get an approval process going, I'm hoping the moderators will be able to start approving them so that we can get the site more instructive.
I think it's easier to create a PB account, upload there and post the links here to show...but thats just me
(01-09-2012, 02:09 PM)vgqv Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's easier to create a PB account, upload there and post the links here to show...but thats just me
It can be. It's all a matter of preference. Me personally, I love having them here so that way when I want to look for the picture, I can search for the card very easily. In Photobucket, and probably the other sites, you have to add tags, etc. I mean, it can be done, but to me it's more work keeping them organized in Photobucket than it is here.
I wasted hours and hours of my life uploading photos to this website.

They appeared to upload successfully. A few weeks later, they vanished.

Don't waste your time.

Instead, set up a Photobucket account. It's ten times quicker and more fun.
(01-09-2012, 03:42 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I wasted hours and hours of my life uploading photos to this website.

They appeared to upload successfully. A few weeks later, they vanished.

Don't waste your time.

Instead, set up a Photobucket account. It's ten times quicker and more fun.
There was, and still is, an index issue. The images are still there, I've checked yours and mine, they just have to fix the index. It's just not their top priority at the moment. Here is one of the picture you've uploaded.

It's there, it's just not showing in your Organize at this time. Once they have tackled other major issues, they will be fixing this issue.
The thing is, I uploaded them about 3 or 4 months ago.

I wouldn't mind waiting a few hours, days or even a week or two.

But come on, it gets a bit ridiculous when you're still waiting many months later. I'm fed up of hearing excuses. Oh well.
(01-09-2012, 06:26 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, I uploaded them about 3 or 4 months ago.

I wouldn't mind waiting a few hours, days or even a week or two.

But come on, it gets a bit ridiculous when you're still waiting many months later. I'm fed up of hearing excuses. Oh well.
Oh, I know. I have many that I uploaded, they showed up in my Organize for a month or so, then when you mentioned they "disappeared" I checked and mine did too. I've mentioned it to them, but they just haven't been able to get to it yet. If you don't mind my asking, did you upload them from your Organize, or from the card page (sorry if I asked that when we previously talked about it, I can't remember).
Pages: 1 2 3