Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Habs vs Panthers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sure hope this turns out to be a misunderstanding. Spud

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/stor...ml?cmp=rss
Yeah. There is no room for that kind of situation anywhere! I just hope that the linesman misheard what Barch said, and that an apology is issued. If it turns out that Barch did say something of the manner, I hope that Shanny suspends him for a few. Either way, I am hoping for the best. Happy New Year, Spud!!!

Happy New Year, Beckett community!

Randi
I doubt that the linesman misheard anything. The fact that the player was not available to reporters after the game indicates to me that there was truth to it. If I had said nothing wrong, I would have wanted to say so as soon as possible and clear the air.
I agree with Greg, if nothing was said then clear the air and say so.
Barch isnt know for that stuff. Probably in the heat of the moment thing where he wasnt thinking, if he did it at all. Plus nobody heard it but a linesman. So it's his word against Barch's.
I don't think any official would have a reason to make that kind of thing up out of thin air, so it looks like the heat of the moment may cost Barch some time, maybe some money, who knows.
(01-01-2012, 02:47 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think any official would have a reason to make that kind of thing up out of thin air, so it looks like the heat of the moment may cost Barch some time, maybe some money, who knows.
Agree. It sucks too because Barch is actually a good guy, but they are all responsible for their own actions
We'll see what part of this sucks when it all shakes out. An apology goes a long way.

(01-01-2012, 02:54 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see what part of this sucks when it all shakes out.
Are you referring to my post?
(01-01-2012, 03:07 PM)eldapeeze Wrote: [ -> ]Are you referring to my post?
Yeah, since we don't know what transpired, we can't yet know what part of this whole incident sucks...if any.

If Barch used a racial slur, this commotion isn't the part that sucks, whether he's a good guy or not. I'm sure you didn't mean that only bad guys should receive suspensions or fines for behaving badly.

If he didn't use a racial slur, then it sucks that he was ejected.

It's interesting to see how the NHL handles racism since I'd assume this kind of stuff is largely self-enforced in the NFL, NBA, and MLB.
Pages: 1 2