Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Good Products?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting back into the Basketball card scene. Have not collected basketball cards since late 90's. What are some of the better card companies to go after? I am going to focus on Bobcats players and Steph Curry.
Hey, welcome back to the hobby! A lot has happend since the 90s! In the last few years, Panini is the only company with a license to produce NBA cards. What I mean to say is that companies like Upper Deck can only produce cards with the players in their college jerseys, or non NBA gear. Since you are looking for Bobcats and more current players, you are ok with most Panini products. As far as particular products, it's up to a personal preference. You may open a few packs here and there and see which you prefer. Good luck!
Hi, welcome back! I will recommend the 2009-10 Topps Hobby or Jumbo HTA box! Good luck!
Welcome back to the Cardboard Addiction...

I myself, got back into the hobby in April 2007.. I collected as a kid, 90-96 (actually have cards from 87-89, but didn't know they'd be worth money).. collected a little bit between 99-01, mostly Finest, ultra, skybox, & SPX.

I would search for your favorite players on Beckett & see how many cards & which sets they are from. If you have a Beckett magazine, it would give you an idea of what cards are out there.. I like the Online Price guide (OPG) better. If you have the extra money & are going to be buying lots of cards, it is well worth it. Also, helps get a total value of your collection if you take the time to input all your cards. I submitted a copy of my collection to my insurance agency.

Buying singles is the way to go in today's sports card market. Especially since you can get a deal, most of the time, & know where your money is going. It's not a gamble, if you know what you will receive in the mail or at that local card shop (LCS).

Opening boxes of wax is always fun! It's a gamble, but it's more fun than playing the lottery, buying lottery tickets, or scratch-offs... There are a ton of different products out there. I'd recommend going for something a few years old, it's cheaper than buying the latest box of cards that is released. Check ebay or any of the other online stores to compare prices of boxes or singles. It will give you an idea what they are going for.

I have a few CURRY cards on "my organization" you might be interested in...