Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Got Ryan Miller to sign a sick card today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I couldn't thank him enough. He really did a nice job on this signature. He was actually careful with the card too. He signed this for me for free today in NJ on the way to morning skate. Very nice of him to be so cool to a fan. NOT for sale and NOT for trade. I am only showing off my new favorite card. I purchased this card with the sole intent of getting it signed. Extremely happy.

FOUR Color patch and #'d 2 of 10. The ones that have autographs on them out of the pack have the autos on clear stickers. This card rules!

[Image: IMG_0835.jpg]

That's super cool. How did you approach him for the autograph...like what'd you say?
that is pretty cool

I seen folks do that with a bunch of big mem cards
(12-28-2011, 12:49 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ]That's super cool. How did you approach him for the autograph...like what'd you say?
I just asked politely and explained to him it was a special card and pointed to the area where I wanted him to sign it. It was VERY quick. (Less than 1 minute.) You can usually get hockey players to sign for you but to ask them for something out of the ordinary is a bit tougher. Usually I would only attempt to get this signed at a card show but I'm on vacation and the Sabres are playing here in NJ tonight. I think he got the fact that I'm a card geek and a fan. LOL!
awesome!!!! Thats awesome of him and a great item for you!!!
(12-28-2011, 01:02 PM)bostonlarry Wrote: [ -> ]I just asked politely and explained to him it was a special card and pointed to the area where I wanted him to sign it. It was VERY quick. (Less than 1 minute.) You can usually get hockey players to sign for you but to ask them for something out of the ordinary is a bit tougher. Usually I would only attempt to get this signed at a card show but I'm on vacation and the Sabres are playing here in NJ tonight. I think he got the fact that I'm a card geek and a fan. LOL!
Nice...yeah I was thinking it could be kind of hectic when you're stopping a player on his way to work so to get such a clean auto placed just so is kind of a perfect storm.
Thats funny because it looks better than the actual one you would get in a pack or a redemption, plus its not a sticker. Way cool, and good on Ryan.
That amazing congrats
Very cool...almost looks like it belongs there! haha
(12-28-2011, 02:41 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool...almost looks like it belongs there! haha
Yeah. I emailed a pic to a friend and he thought I pulled it out of a pack. LOL!
Pages: 1 2 3