Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: When “properly packaged” just isn’t good enough for people.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry Phillippines...yet another bad seed giving you all a bad rep. with me.

"you sent card in toploader and was damaged severely because of such!"

So if any of you overseas people find anythign you want from me, contact me directly for specific shipping instructions and clarifications. I don't want to charge $15+ shipping on a $2 card, but with all the int'l whining, I wonder if it's worth the bother for Int'l shipping anymore.

Ok...buyer is just requesting a refund, with no return of item, and no photos for proof for insurance claim...should I refund or not...??
(12-26-2011, 02:12 AM)odditycards Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Phillippines...yet another bad seed giving you all a bad rep. with me.

So if any of you overseas people find anythign you want from me, contact me directly for specific shipping instructions and clarifications. I don't want to charge $15+ shipping on a $2 card, but with all the int'l whining, I wonder if it's worth the bother for Int'l shipping anymore.

Ok...buyer is just requesting a refund, with no return of item, and no photos for proof for insurance claim...should I refund or not...??
Contact ebay
That's exactly the reasons I don't sell overseas...too shady for me
You give a refund upon receipt of having the card returned to you......that helped to me years ago...claimed an item was broken and would not provide proof.....ebay will make them return it also for a refund, if that's what you want. That's the route I would go.....I don't trust them.
Yup, ebay will make him return it for a refund. Dont worry, he wont ship it back.
(12-26-2011, 02:12 AM)odditycards Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Phillippines...yet another bad seed giving you all a bad rep. with me.

DO NOT refund his money until he either files a paypal dispute, in which they will make him return the item first, or he returns the item on his own.

As far as filing for an insurance claim, they insurance company will deny it, as it was not shipped with in North America, they will not pay out claims for a lot of Asian countries, etc... due to the amount of fraud taking place in filing for claims

+1 on all of the above replies. If proven false, I hate seeing nor reading this kind of scheme or scam, especially if it is coming from my home land.
when I do sell, I only do Canada as an International option. Cheaper shipping and more honest folk there.
Great!!
Sick of those shady countries giving us international collectors a bad rep.

I recently sold $1,500 worth of cards on an overseas bidder. Guy had 100% feedback & no complaints for the last 7-9 months.. forgot how far I went back looking.. I decided not to insure, because it's too much of a hassle to file an insurance claim. I knew it would take approx 3 weeks to get there. I shipped an exquisite box & 4 cards, all in magnetic onetouch holders, teambags, wrapped in couple pieces of paper & taped together.. also, tons of bubble wrap.. Had to use a prepaid USPS box to ship it.. cost $43.. The shipping label looked different to me, since it was a combination of customs & shipping label. I served in the Navy for 12+ years & have done tons of overseas shipping to all over the world. I got scared when the buyer started saying he hasn't received it after 2 weeks. Also, the money I was paid was not transferred to me, because of my low transactions of sales. I tracked the customs number daily. I called USPS for follow up on the 20th day, but the customer rep kept asking for the customs form, which I misplaced at the time.. I provided the customs number to the REP, but they kept asking fora another number. Don't know what they were asking for.. the Customs number should work for tracking. I've used it for over 200 packages shipped to South America over the past summer, while I was deployed down there. A few were personnel packages, but I tracked them the same way.. Shipping to South America is even more complicated than shipping to Asia or the Middle East. Finally the buyer said he received my packages.. 3 days after, I received my money from Paypal.. Never knew paypal will hold your funds for 21 days.. that is way to long...

When I ship my cards, I always use magnetic holders for expensive cards (usually $50).. Toploaders, extra cardboard inserts on both sides & teambags, along with bubble mailers, that I buy at CVS for $.99-1.39.. I try to get them for 2X1 price...
Pages: 1 2