Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1996-97 SPx in Photobucket Database (scans)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my favorite small sets that my father left me many years ago is 1996-97 SPx. I finally have them all in my Photobucket database now. Here are a few samples from this PC collection. Spud

Base #39 Gretzky
[Image: 1996-97SPx39Gretzky.jpg]

Gold #25 Brodeur
[Image: 1996-97SPxGold25Brodeur2.jpg]

Great Futures #GF1 Gretzky, Alfredsson, Daze, Koivu, and Yashmenev
[Image: 1996-97SPxFuturesGF1Gretzky2.jpg]

Holoview Heroes #HH10 Fuhr
[Image: 1996-97SPxHoloviewHH10Fuhr.jpg]
These are really neat...keep em coming. I'm always looking to see high res pictures of cool looking cards from before my time.
I love those cards. I have the complete base set and I still look at them at least once a month. Actually, I might have a different year I don't recall right now, but they look the same lol.
(12-23-2011, 04:12 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ]These are really neat...keep em coming. I'm always looking to see high res pictures of cool looking cards from before my time.
These hologram cards are very cool. Many of the players in the hologram part of the card wink at you when you tilt the card a bit. Depending on the lighting, the colors in the holograms are spectacular as well. Spud
Great Cards!
Thanks again Spud great cards.
I've always loved this set! Such a distinctive look and feel to the cards. Too bad they don't make cards like this anymore. Without the holograms SPx is just another set. UD put out a lot of really nice designs in the late 90s IMO.
Love the old SPx sets, beautiful cards.
I was happy when I got back into collecting to be able to get the base set of this year SPx for cheap

too bad it didn't have more Whalers