Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Recent in-person autos (scans)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, wanted to share three recent in-person autographs I picked up with my local team (Valencia, Spain).

This morning I had to do some paperwork close to the arena and I thought I might see some of the players as they'd arrive for practice. Mind you that over here there isn't much security as the players don't have the superstar status like NBA players do so they're quite accessible while they walk from the parking lot to the arena (see also my post regarding the Barcelona team http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1428254.html ).

Anyway, I thought I'd bring my cards for Victor Claver (local hero, 2009 22nd pick by Portland), Rafa Martinez (leader of the pack, great player) and Nando De Colo (French international, 2009 53rd pick by San Antonio).

Just when I had parked my car and walked out, to my great surprise Claver arrived, so that was a lucky shot. Had a quick chat with him while he signed - unfortunately it got smudged - so that was an enjoyable moment.

I hung around for a moment but noone else showed up, so I went on to do my paperwork. When I returned De Colo just came walking out of the arena. He broke his nose yesterday, so I imagine he just went to greet his team and then went back home. He was on the phone, but signed as well.

Didn't see Rafa Martinez, but I think I was very lucky that the two players I did see were the ones I wanted an auto of. Here are the cards:
[Image: escanear0214.jpg]

A week ago, Florent Pietrus (undrafted in 2003 and older brother of Phoenix SF/SG Mickael Pietrus) was signing autographs before the game. He signed this card:
[Image: escanear0215.jpg]
and the photo with him to go with it:
[Image: img8854copia.jpg]
I had high hopes for Claver about 4 or 5 years ago when he played in a European youth tournament. He won the dunk contest (Yaroslav Korolev also participated) and generally looked athletic and talented.

I enjoyed reading this thread. Must have been a great experience.
I have a question if you guys can help...i have a mike bibby in person auto on one of his topps rc..how do i go about getting a value on it? Any help would be very appreciated
Nice, btw former phx suns player lol peitrus got waved
(12-23-2011, 10:22 AM)robd5811 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question if you guys can help...i have a mike bibby in person auto on one of his topps rc..how do i go about getting a value on it? Any help would be very appreciated
Bibby autos don't sell for much.

Meanwhile, in person autographs can actually decrease the value of cards... unless you get it authenticated by PSA or BGS.

To do so, you need to send it to them and they'll send it back in a graded card case. It costs a bit of money but would massively increase your chances of selling the card, since nobody will buy it unless its authenticated.

I'd probably just hold onto it if I were you.
(12-23-2011, 12:17 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]in person autographs can actually decrease the value of cards... unless you get it authenticated by PSA or BGS.
I'd probably just hold onto it if I were you.
co-sign. there's a lot of scammers out there offering supposed in-person auto's (and interestingly enough they're almost always on the 90's Hoops cards or other cheap sets..) so people are very reluctant towards in-person auto's.

That said, I hold on to my in-person cards because
1) I was there when it was signed so I KNOW it is authentic, and also 2) this card holds something unique that it won't give to anyone else, which is the emotional value and the memory of your encounter with that player.
Wow, awesome. I never knew Pietrus had a brother who also played ball
Florent Pietrus is a France national team regular.
Cool pics and nice info on the brothers.
Folkert, are those cards panini euro cards? They're not too bad.
Pages: 1 2