Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Weird question about game jersey cards...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is something I've thought about since I was young, but for those jersey cards that have the jersey piece in a weird design rather than a plain box or circle, do they actually cut out each piece or is half the jersey underneath the card? If that makes sense, lol. Like here...

[Image: photo-2.jpg]

Is it just one piece and a lot of it is covered up or did they cut each one out individually? Obviously I could find out by destroying the card but I'd prefer not to.
I think in the case of ones like that there is just a strip of jersey underneath the surface of the card. The design is just cut into the surface of the card.
(12-22-2011, 02:31 PM)alanch Wrote: [ -> ]I think in the case of ones like that there is just a strip of jersey underneath the surface of the card. The design is just cut into the surface of the card.
i think you are right
nice card by the way
Open it up and find out!!
For Panini, it is usually one piece. Topps uses multiple pieces sometimes, especially in Triple Threads.
(12-22-2011, 04:37 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]For Panini, it is usually one piece. Topps uses multiple pieces sometimes, especially in Triple Thread.
Topps Triple Threads uses a single piece every so often...

[Image: c2011toppstriplethreadsgreen.jpg]

Same with Panini...

[Image: limited.jpg]
(12-22-2011, 04:42 PM)all day baby Wrote: [ -> ]Topps Triple Threads uses a single piece every so often...

[Image: c2011toppstriplethreadsgreen.jpg]

Same with Panini...

[Image: limited.jpg]
That's what I said. Big Grin "Sometimes" Topps uses multiple pieces.

[Image: SmittyPatches.jpg]