Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Makes it awfully tough on us vintage guys who mark conditions on every card. It just needs to go back where it was.
i am trying to make a trade for a donruss elite johnathan lucroy auto that has a bv of 12 but since its marked at mint, the conditional value says $37.50. that is WAY off
which one?
(12-09-2011, 10:37 PM)thebwd Wrote: [ -> ]My vote would be to conduct polls BEFORE you decide to push out an update that has such far-reaching effects on org, OPG, and trading. Oh, and don't lie and say that the update is only for the Marketplace when it clearly was not limited to that.

It is inexcusable that a company whose entire reputation is staked on accurate pricing would release an update that changed prices for cards without so much as a simple notification of what was going on - no posts here from them, no email about the change, not even a heads up to the mods so that they could answer the ineveitable questions. I cannot begin to express my disgust for how this (and every other update) is handled. No communication, no forethought, no concern for users, no testing, and no apology for the repeated failures.

As for the question at hand, the issue is that not everyone will do it the same way. So now I have to waste time trying to determine what the prices really should be when trading with someone that chooses a different option. The biggest advantage of trading here is the tie in to the OPG/org, but now that is unreliable. What used to be a pleasant trading experience keeps getting harder and harder (wants not sorted to top, having to manually change page numbers, prices no longer accurate). I prefer the performance issues of the old site to the hoops I have to jump through with this one.
+1
(12-10-2011, 12:02 AM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]which one?
2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Turn of the Century #54 Jonathan Lucroy/500 au
look, the poll is my way of providing information and giving everyone a chance to provide how they will be marking their cards for trade. This is not beckett conducting a poll- its me. You complain when there is no updates and lack of information and now you're complaining about a poll. Sometimes I think some people complain just to complain. If you want to say how you're marking your cards go for it, if not dont reply.
If you want to complain about the pricing change then email customer service or call beckett as posting it here will get you no where
(12-09-2011, 04:54 PM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]It does- it enters at the baseline of nrmt/mt, thats why I say go with nrmt/mt on all cards in org (unless they are damaged)

But we have lots of cards already in the org as mint- thats what the question is for the boards. Are you changing the cond to nrmt/mt

I already changed mine to nrmt/mt using the fill option
I am not changing 34,000 cards so it will just have to remain as mint.
I wish they would go back the way it was.
One reason I spend all that time going to nrnt/mt whos says they decided to change their minds again then I will have to do all that changing back to the way it was.

Now once they get everything fixed and thats the way it is going to stay and stays that way for a long time. I MIGHT go back and change them but only time will tell

Since it was easy enough to select all and change to nrmint/mint that is what I did. I have a crap load of cards in there and it only took seconds.
(12-10-2011, 12:15 AM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]look, the poll is my way of providing information and giving everyone a chance to provide how they will be marking their cards for trade. This is not beckett conducting a poll- its me. You complain when there is no updates and lack of information and now you're complaining about a poll. Sometimes I think some people complain just to complain. If you want to say how you're marking your cards go for it, if not dont reply.
If you want to complain about the pricing change then email customer service or call beckett as posting it here will get you no where
Sorry for the rant. You can remove it if you want. My complaint is a valid one against Beckett and is not directed at you or any other mods. The fact that you take the time to create a poll to elicit user feedback but Beckett cannot come up with the same idea is evidence that they are hopelessly disconnected from their user base. That was my point.

As for how I am marking my cards, it is a lose-lose proposition, so I think I'll just let things stay as they are a while and see how everything shakes out. If I change mine and other traders don't (most likely scenario), there are several problems.

1. I have to waste my time trying to compare values fairly when trading (a big deal, since trading is already more cumbersome than it used to be).
2. Other traders may insist on even BV, not understanding the conditional value issue, making it harder to make fair trades.
3. I have to waste my time to change all my cards' conditions.
4. Trying to use auto-fill to save time in changing conditions could result in a loss of condition data for those cards that I have already set a specfic condition for.

(12-10-2011, 01:19 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]Since it was easy enough to select all and change to nrmint/mint that is what I did. I have a crap load of cards in there and it only took seconds.
It may be easy if all your cards were Mint before, but if they weren't, then you just lost data and now would have to go through your entire collection to check condition again.

Also, if you now propose a trade to someone who has not done this, you will be at a disadvantage. At best, you have to take the time to compare values fairly by looking up the other cards and checking the Nm-Mt value as opposed to the mint value for comparison. Even after you do this, the other trader will likely see your trade offer and say, "why does this guy expect me to trade so much in his favor?" and just cancel. Not all traders hang out in the forums and see this, and Beckett has done nothing to inform users of this fundamental change to their pricing methodology.
thebwd-It's simple. I have over 15 active trades in my organize right now. I have left messages(which we can surprisingly do again) in the trades letting the other traders know that they need to change the condition settings on the trade before either party can accept. If they don't do it, then I don't complete the trade. How hard is that?

It seems like most of the traders that are left here are pretty knowledgeable about how the trade features work. It's not that hard to use the fill options to change the condition on all the items in my organize. Most of the members left once they started charging for the organize but the ones that have stayed are pretty easy to deal with.

If you have vintage cards listed, that is another story. I do not trade my vintage anyways so I only have a few listed and most of them aren't marked for trade anyways. Getting me to trade vintage is like pulling teeth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5