Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Has anyone ever...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has any one ever bought a box with one card in mind to pull and pull the card you wanted to pull?

can't say that i have personally but the hope for a pull of a solid player in general makes me want to crack. I'm buying certified this weekend because it's one of 3 products i crack annually
(12-08-2011, 02:13 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: [ -> ]Has any one ever bought a box with one card in mind to pull and pull the card you wanted to pull?
yes 2005 sweet spot when it was $45 a box a year or so back. looking for the same thing you would be.
Yes. I can think of twice that it has happened. Early this year, I got a box of '08 Leaf Limited hoping to pull a Slideshow card. I pulled a DeSean Jackson Slideshow AU from that box, as well as my first Favre GU card. The first time I got exactly what I wanted was in '08 from a box of '08 UD Icons MLB. I was wanting to pull an Ozzie Smith Immortal Lettermen card. I pulled the letter 'T' #'d 08/40.
When I went back to Des Moines a cpl months ago I bought a SP Threads from 08. I wanted either a Jordy Nelson auto or a non Brian Brohm, packers jsy card. I got Jordy auto and a Matt Flynn letter auto.

But other than this yr I never really bought boxes so everything was up to even more luck
sounds nice
Twice.
2005 Turkey Red.... I was looking for one of the Marino Jersey Auto Cabinet Cards /25... tried one box. Figured it would be the only way I'd get one since the singles were getting $350+ at the time. Later bought one for $200.

2008 Icons... Was wanting to pulled a Marino Letterman.... Box 1... Jonathan Stewart Auto 1/125 and a Bo Jackson 2 color patch /15... That was so good I had to try a second box.... Got me an M!!!!!!! Couldnt believe it! the best letter for me to get too!
Yes 2000 Fleer, pulled Brady Autographics and thats the only time it happened
Yup. I bought a box of 2010 R&S hoping to pull a Tebow auto (not any card inparticular) and actually pulled one. I got a tebow dress for success jersey auto /25, a jimmy clausen freshman orientation patch auto #d 1/10, a fotg danny white jersey /50 & a ndomukong suh rc patch auto /249?... Not a bad box!!
no never had, but due to seeing so many box breaks and stuff i tend to go into a box not expecting anything, that way im not disappointed. Most the time i hit something nice for someone else though so it works out good either way
Pages: 1 2 3