Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: LeBron's Autograph Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there was talk about him having to change his autograph because of the number change and such, but with him only signing for UD, I haven't seen a change because his HS jersey number is 23. Anyone see one where his signature has changed? (And not some horrid forgery off of ebay either, lol.)
I thought about this a few weeks ago.. I tried searching for different styles of his auto after reading your thread... UD had him sign a bunch of memorabilia, but no Heat cards that I know of..

[Image: 138232629.275.275.jpg][Image: lebron-james-wade-bosh-2011-heat-team-si...l-5b34.JPG]
A bottle of baby powder signed by LeBron James..... Word?
(12-05-2011, 08:43 AM)folkertino Wrote: [ -> ]A bottle of baby powder signed by LeBron James..... Word?
lol. It's so sad isn't it? Should KG do the same? OR HAS HE!!!!!!!!!! lol.
I've seen the new signature on the Signs of the Times cards. I believe that he changed his signature right after the number changed and that UD still has a bunch of his sticker autos that they are still putting on cards. Any of the on card autos are in his new signature. I have one from this years National Convention, and it is a sticker of his old one. Anything he signs from the point of the change will be in his new Signaure.
Lebron never changed his auto as many people think, he signed very very rarely that way.
I have a jersey he signed that I won from the Hoops for St Jude auctions.

Lebron signs like this for IP and also charity etc, very rare to find his "new" auto with his old number.

[Image: Dsc_6932.jpg]

[Image: Dsc_6931.jpg]

[Image: 366b7972.jpg]

I think that we all can agree that over time (most) players signature morphs a little. Usually it is towards easier pen strokes. Wouldn't your signature morph if you had to sign that much?

[Image: keepers_0005-1.jpg]

The LeBron single auto is the oldest (03-04) the dual auto is the next card (07-08) made and the Kobe auto is from a recent Panini product (10-11). There are differences in both player's signatures over the years, but yet Kobe's auto has gotten more complex????........ (AutoPen?)

In all of the signatures here on the thread and the variances, how can people pay as much as they do for third party authentication? It is a must on most items signed by these two though, if you want full value.
I think Kobe's autos have become more sloppy within the last two years.. there are so many kobe autos, you can pick them up for $100 or less... I agree, everybody's signature changes over time.. My signature has changed about 5 times within the last 12+ years.. I do have one signature that I've kept since high school to sign certificates, which is a fancy auto.. I tried signing my CA & Military ID with it, but electronic signatures do not look the same as a sharpie..
I thought my answer would stop the wondering, I guess not. He did change his auto for sure Tristan. Not sure where you got that from that he didn't.

Of course its rare to see his new auto with his old number, its because he doesn't wear that number anymore. Its that way now with the number 6. UD just has a bunch of the old autos on stickers. Thats why you still see products with the old sig and on card autos are the new. And when a player signs something with their old number on it, they will put their old number on the auto even when they are now wearing a different number. Muggsy Bouges wore the number 1 in the NBA but I had him sign a card in his Wake Forest Jesey, and he signed it with the number 14 which was his Jesey # at Wake. So if the jersey you have was signed after "The Decision, then thats why he put the #23 instead of 6.