Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: New to Grading, Quick Question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been collecting for over 15 years, but never got much into grading. Still not into it, but I have a card on the way that I may send in, because I was told a few people believe it may come back a 9.5 Now the question I have is, and i believe I've seen people do this, can I send it in and request that if its anything lower than a 9.5, I don't want it graded? I don't care about the money, but if its not a 9.5 or higher I don't want it to be graded. Thanks guys and any help will be very appreciated!!

EDIT: I see that I guess I can just write what I want the minimum grade to be on the paper, easy as that I guess? Also my other question was can I send a card into BGS and have them take it out of the BGS holder and sent it back to me raw? i have a card on the way that is graded and I'd much rather have it raw, not too much into grading and would rather just have it in a screw down. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!!
(11-24-2011, 03:38 PM)vicktodesean710 Wrote: [ -> ]Been collecting for over 15 years, but never got much into grading. Still not into it, but I have a card on the way that I may send in, because I was told a few people believe it may come back a 9.5 Now the question I have is, and i believe I've seen people do this, can I send it in and request that if its anything lower than a 9.5, I don't want it graded? I don't care about the money, but if its not a 9.5 or higher I don't want it to be graded. Thanks guys and any help will be very appreciated!!

EDIT: I see that I guess I can just write what I want the minimum grade to be on the paper, easy as that I guess? Also my other question was can I send a card into BGS and have them take it out of the BGS holder and sent it back to me raw? i have a card on the way that is graded and I'd much rather have it raw, not too much into grading and would rather just have it in a screw down. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!!
Yes, you just write on the paper your minimum grade requirement. And you can send the other card in and Beckett will remove it from the slab. Make sure to put a pop-it note on the slab saying you want it removed.

I would recommend not using a screw down for the card. I recommend using a one-touch.

I hope that this helps.
Hey man def helped, I really appreciate it. As far as the screw down, you're exactly right, thats what I mean. I love the one one touchs, pretty much all of my collection is in those, they're great. Thanks again for the help!!
(11-26-2011, 11:09 AM)vicktodesean710 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man def helped, I really appreciate it. As far as the screw down, you're exactly right, thats what I mean. I love the one one touchs, pretty much all of my collection is in those, they're great. Thanks again for the help!!
You're welcome!!