Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Expo pickup(s) and intersting story...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I was pretty selective of my pickups this year at the expo, however, 1 dealer had 2 Dominion Peerless Patches cards I LOVED. Problem was, he wasn't there when I was looking at them (son was manning the booth) so I was told to come back a bit later to purchase.

Sure enough, I came back and the one card I truly wanted had JUST sold!! (For less than what I was willing to pay for it). Feeling bad, the dealer gave me a great deal on the other card so, I was pretty happy.

The kicker is, the first card just appeared for sale online (can't imagine why) and I was able to work out an awesome deal to grab it too - much less than my original price I had in mind. So, with a little luck, it all worked out in the end. Here they are:

Patrick Roy 'Shield' patch (other card I added)

[Image: Collingwood-20111114-00053.jpg]

And the one I lost and found: Dionne/ Kopitar dual patches:

[Image: dionnekopitar.jpg]

Other cool pickup this year: Brett Hull Wire Photo auto (group A). This is the one card I was hoping to find somewhere.

[Image: Collingwood-20111114-00049.jpg]
AWESOME STORY AND CONGRATS ON THE PICK UPS!!!

What did you pay for the Hull!!

Any chance on trading/possibly selling the Hull to me?
That Roy is so insane!!! The other two are also sick puckups! Thanks for sharing!
great pick ups

congrats on getting both cards

by the way do you remember what booth it was at?
(11-21-2011, 10:39 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]great pick ups

congrats on getting both cards

by the way do you remember what booth it was at?
Thanks! I believe it was J.A.M. Sportscards. They don't have an actual store, but he's been there for every expo I've been to. Nice guy - expensive pricing (most of the time).

Quote: AWESOME STORY AND CONGRATS ON THE PICK UPS!!!

What did you pay for the Hull!!

Any chance on trading/possibly selling the Hull to me?

This one is smack dab in my new Wire Photo auto collection, but, if I decide to move it (which I inevitably do with these things) I'll keep you in mind! Card cost me $120 (similar (base Hull auto) just sold for $185ish)
Well, if you ever do decide to part with it, keep me in mind. Thanks.

Is this card hand numbered on the back or is it serial numbered on the back?
(11-21-2011, 11:34 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you ever do decide to part with it, keep me in mind. Thanks.

Is this card hand numbered on the back or is it serial numbered on the back?
Will do! Actually, this card is neither hand or serial numbered. UD decided to just post seeding on their Parkhurst Champions autos (not sure why) so, I can only estimate as to how many there are. This card is seeded 1 in every 15,015 packs (Group A has 7 cards at 1:2145 packs). Haven't seen another one like it since they came out. I LOVE the photo they picked for the card: Hockey history at it's best!!

That is one of the sweetest Roy cards I have ever seen! If that is not a PC card, please, let me know what I can do to take that card off your hands. I would be willing to deal with some of my non Roy PC cards for that.
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
Amazing pick ups!
Pages: 1 2