Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: GO CARL!!!! (Still looking for Carl Edwards Cards)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to be a nervous wreck on Sunday - any little mistake and it'll be over - no room for error.

I hope for a good race, and if he loses the Championship, then I would like it to be on good racing (not some scrub taking him out cause they go into a corner too hot!)

As always, I am looking for Carl Edwards cards - I think I have already hit up the regulars here for what they have, but I still need more!

Oh... and if you are a Tony Stewart fan (who would want to admit that???), sorry, but I already put a call in to Kyle to wreck him around lap 100 Sunday.

Ken
(11-17-2011, 01:46 AM)hellsbells Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be a nervous wreck on Sunday - any little mistake and it'll be over - no room for error. I hope for a good race, and if he loses the Championship, then I would like it to be on good racing (not some scrub taking him out cause they go into a corner too hot!) As always, I am looking for Carl Edwards cards - I think I have already hit up the regulars here for what they have, but I still need more! Oh... and if you are a Tony Stewart fan (who would want to admit that???), sorry, but I already put a call in to Kyle to wreck him around lap 100 Sunday. Ken

They should park Busch and Montoya just to be safe! I am rooting for Carl , I have a cup chase redemtion card of him! Go Carl!
(11-17-2011, 11:18 AM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]They should park Busch and Montoya just to be safe! I am rooting for Carl , I have a cup chase redemtion card of him! Go Carl!
Don't forget to park Vickers and if he is racing Geoff Bodine (expecially after last week)!!!

check me
I'm rooting for Carl too.
Looks like he got the Pole and he also won that race last year too. Considering he's going to get a bonus point right off the bat, his chances seem good. I'm hoping he pulls it off too, I've always considered him my 2nd or 3rd fav. driver.
A tie...? What a joke. If your a Carl fan youre mad if your a Stewart fan youre happy. But there should be no tie. No tiebreaker. No BS. There is no tiebreaker in any other sport to win a Championship.
In Nascars quest to keep it close and interesting to the very end they forgot one little thing... A WINNER
As an Edwards fan - I am OK with the result. Don't really care for the idea of a tie-breaker, but Tony earned it - the guy just flat out took that championship. I have always hated Stewart, but he did exactly what he needed to do during the Chase and got the trophy.

Maybe they should do like they did in Cars and have a run off race - preferably at Bristol. Maybe a 20 lap shootout with winner take all. Would bring in great TV ratings.

Carl had a great chase (consistency and best average finish over 10 races), but he could have beat Tony at one of those races and he didn't.

I would have been more angry if there was an engine failure, or some scrub took Carl out in a wreck.

Don't get me wrong - I am still depressed about the result, but as a Tony hater... I can't find fault with him holding the trophy.

At least the Carl Edwards cards will still be affordable for a while Smile