Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Question for my fellow collectors...should I be upset with Panini?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings! Figured it was time to share my hellish dealing with Panini. On March 10,2011, I submitted 3 redemptions to panini:
10-11 Timeless Treasures Lance Stephenson auto
10-11 Contenders patches Devin Ebanks auto
10-11 Contenders patches Tiago Splitter auto (you can tell I had a crappy box Tongue lol)

I selected the 4 month replacement, since I really don't care about any of these people, I just want cards lol....I've submitted several followups...and to this day they've done NOTHING!

Am I doing something wrong? Surely these aren't guys that are THAT difficult to get autographs from?

Any suggestions on how to get what's mine? This is why I haven't bought a Panini product since then (until today, and guess what...I PULLED A REDEMPTION lol).

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys!
File a complain with the Better Business Bureau. Upper Deck owed me 3 cards for 3 years, I filed a report with BBB against them and I had 1 UD representative calling me every few days. Got what I deserved and the case is closed.
Make a complaint online. Call them for a follow up the next day & every few days. make sure you write down a log who you talk to (date/time) brief of conversation. Hit up their facebook page too.. nothing worse than letting the world know you have a complaint & Panini will not work with you. After 30 days worth of follow ups & your log handy... make a BBB complaint.. you have your log; names & dates handy to back up your complaint. Make sure you tell the rep at Panini that you are fed up with their customer service and are going to file a complaint with the BBB, because you are extremely unsatisfied. I got my log myself. Still waiting on cards from Jan 2011. About to hit UD up too, because I have three of the same card outstanding since SEP 2009. going to see if I can upgrade them into one card of the same player (jordan farmar).. going to ask them about the Chronology Farmar cards.. because I've never seen his RC card.. there should be 99 of them laying around UD somewhere..
was up bored.. searching for cards online... decided to put my request in for a replacement... below is automatic email that they sent me... thought I'd share so everybody would have the email address for the different customer service areas at UD. Hope this helps those wanting replacements...

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at the Upper Deck Company LLC. Listed in this email you will find instructions on how to handle your customer service needs. If you do not see instructions for your specific issue feel free to contact customer service at (800)873-7332 between the hours of 8am to 5pm PST Monday through Friday and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you.

Damaged Product Inquiries

Please email Customer Service at QA@upperdeck.com to have a case opened for your damaged product request. Please make sure to include a detailed description of your problem in the email. A case number and instructions on returning your damaged card(s) for replacement will be provided to you via email within 4-6 business days of receipt of your email. Please note product mailed to Upper Deck without case numbers will be returned to customers. Please understand this measure is designed to provide an added level of security for items sent in on replacement requests.

Redemption Replacements

Please email all replacement requests to time2swap@upperdeck.com. Remember to include redemption code, card description, and a list of comparable players and/or teams you are interested in. Please note replacement requests are subject to availability. If you feel there is any additional information you would like considered when processing your replacement please be sure to include it. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date requests are entered for delivery for your replacement items.

Technical Support Inbox

If you have any issues with your account such as getting locked out, or problems entering a redemption code please contact techsupport@upperdeck.com. All information pertaining to your account should be correct. If you think that there is an error with your account or the status of a redemption card please use the email address given above. A tech rep will contact you directly; please do not include password or personal information when emailing techsupport.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Upper Deck Store

Do you want to check the authenticity of an Upper Deck Authenticated memorabilia piece? Do you need a replacement letter of authenticity for your piece of memorabilia? Please contact Upper Deck Authenticated at UD_Store@upperdeck.com.

General Questions If you have a question that does not fit in to one of the above categories please contact us at GeneralQuestions@upperdeck.com please be advised this inbox is not monitored as regularly as the others and answers may take longer than the other email addresses listed above.
Online is convenient but telephone works best. Get one of their customer service people on the phone and politely ask for a replacement for the redemptions while advising them that you asked for a replacement online but have received no response. I have never had a problem with Panini or Upper Deck after I have talked to them on the phone. Of course note down the time, date and person you talked to. Try to even get their email address if you can. If you find a person that helps you out remember them and ask for them directly next time.

You still might have to wait for a month or two for something to turn up but at least you know that the process is in motion.
Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll try and call um tomorrow since I've got the day off. It just seems nuts that its almost a yr to get these autos, but they aren't anyone BIG lol
as i've posted numerous times...this is why i don't buy panini products anymore. i had a sidney crosby auto jersey #ed/25 redemption since 12/2010. my option for a replacement was a randomly pulled card...not even another crosby. so i'm left just waiting for that card to come in. the problem is, since that product hit shelves, they've put out more hockey product with crosby autos in them. most are on stickers...so why the hell couldn't they just honor what was outstanding and put the stickered auto on the early, unfulfilled requests?!

i've posted requests on their online help site, but they rarely answer. i don't want to call them either, as i've heard horror stories about that too. besides, if they have the online site, why the hell would you need to call them...shouldn't they be policing and monitoring that too?

i believe that all of the major sports who give out licenses should be looking at these websites or have a website that we can also go on and comment on their licensed products. that way they'll see what kind of problems these companies are having and it will help determine whether they continue giving them the rights and licenses.
(11-17-2011, 12:39 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll try and call um tomorrow since I've got the day off. It just seems nuts that its almost a yr to get these autos, but they aren't anyone BIG lol
You should really be mad at the athletes that sign a contract with card companies promising to provide their signature and then don't follow through with their end of the deal. Unfortunately most athletes couldn't care less about sports trading cards or us collectors.

The trading card companies print all the cards from one product in the same print run, so it is most likely that all the physical cards have been printed and are ready for the athletes autograph. Only in very rare circumstances are cards damaged in production and never reprinted. So why haven't you received the card yet? These are really the three main reasons why.

1. The athlete has so far not returned their sheets of sticker autos.
2. The athlete has been sent the physical cards and has yet to sign them and/or return them to the card companies.
3. The player has not provided a time or appointment in which they will conduct a 'signing session" with a card company representative.

The delays in getting the cards to you has nothing to do with whether the player is popular or not. It is purely to do with their attitude towards the card collecting community. Sure, these guys are busy people, but it really doesn't take that much time to sign a few thousand sticker autos or hard sign a few hundred cards. It is just not a high priority for them.

Now with the lockout there may also be an issue with Panini contacting the players for autos. I don't actually know if that is an issue or not but it could very well be, which is a pity because this would be a great time for all those lazy athletes to catch up on their signature signing.
I have the same Splitter redemption pending and requested replacement online 3 months ago and have followed up every month since and still have nothing to show for it...

Whats kills me is when you go on Panini facebook page they are alwyas bragging about the cards they made for wrapper redemptions for the Canada Expo and now their upcoming Black Friday packs..but they still don't have time to deal with people who have already bought their stuff...
(11-18-2011, 02:11 PM)arod1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same Splitter redemption pending and requested replacement online 3 months ago and have followed up every month since and still have nothing to show for it...

Whats kills me is when you go on Panini facebook page they are alwyas bragging about the cards they made for wrapper redemptions for the Canada Expo and now their upcoming Black Friday packs..but they still don't have time to deal with people who have already bought their stuff...
But you seem to think that they have the autos sitting there at Panini HQ but just can't be bothered to send them to you.

Should they stop their business completely and wait until Splitter signs his cards before they make any more products, just so you don't get annoyed.

If the athlete refuses to sign the stickers, won't return the cards or won't make time for a signing session what is Panini supposed to do?

The card companies get just as frustrated as you do but if they pressure the highly paid, highly strung athletes too much then those athletes will decide not to sign for that company at all which will make matters even worse. Then people will start complaining that a certain athlete never signs anymore.
Pages: 1 2