Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: oh my this will turn into a rant most likely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are so many people on here that assertively make posts and threads on how they are tryin to trade but never respond when I take the time to Go thru THEIR org and find something I like and send them a trade an open offer
instead they let it sit dormant for days weeks indefinatley and do NOT have the common courtesy to cancel, deny or inquire about the trade..
This is a trade thread area if u make a post be respectable check the people that send you trade offers and deal with it ARE u scared of human contact or are u lazy or SPECIAL what is the matter
I do not understand people I usually trade in someone else's FAVOR if they happen to have a card I still need and yet they are afraid of COMMUNICATION
I know what you mean...lately I have been having some trades escape because the cards are stuck on another persons trade that they have not responded in for over a week...!!!
I agree to some extent. There are some traders that never seem to respond in a timely matter, no matter the number of messages. But there are also many that are great traders and do everything to help a trade along. So as I do agree with your rant, just not as a whole site issue. Good luck with future trades.
Guys I complained about this in a post a while back and honestly it seems like all the new traders. I have had guys that never post hit me up because they saw my sig and offered a card I needed for my refractors set.

I send a great offer and then I never hear back from them. If you are new and have never traded, then you have to send first to a guy that has more feedback than you. As soon as I mentioned this, I never heard back from them.

There isn't much moving on ebay and I think that some of the ebay collectors are finding their way to the trading forums, this in turn gets us some newbies that are nervous about sending first until they have the feedback to recieve first.

Sorry newbies that is just the way it is............
im guilty of not replying to trades ive had a couple in these past weeks...but i havent replied due to my org not being updated and some of the stuff on their i mightve sold or traded away already...sorry about that just havent had time to update my org...
I have basically almost given up trading here for that reason. The Baseball forum is becoming almost as bad. Obviously people are not visiting as often as they used to, but if the make an offer or want you to check them for something, they should make an effort to check back more often. I know people are busy and have lives, but its still frustrating.
I know exactly what you mean, Garnettfan4life. I had two trades open for over a month (one with Hammytu, the other with stp) and neither responded. So I closed both trades. Turns out that STP is on another site i frequent and he hasn't bothered to respond there either. I'm just waiting on a response from area1justin before i cancel that trade also.
(11-14-2011, 05:20 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out that STP is on another site i frequent and he hasn't bothered to respond there either. I'm just waiting on a response from area1justin before i cancel that trade also.
If you are referring to stp40, he is the one that I had issues with as well. That dude has appearently paid for a organize subscription here and completed a trade around the same time I decided to cancel our trade after I waited for a while with no response.

So he has invested time and money into this site and he just logged on yesterday????? Why the silent treatment???

Wow after a week, I usually give up unless an offer was accepted on the trade page. I can't imagine waiting a month for a response.

taffster can you PM that other site he is on??? I am probably a member there myself.
yeah I did not mean for this to be about callin people out I just hoped to encourage more communication
Yes this pain hurts. I have 3 accepted trades in my queue with no movement. One of them is with STP 1 month and 1 week...ive mesesaged him in the trade asking what the deal was......no response. Im guilty of this from time to time because life gets busy but I usually try to stay in contact. Got a trade request a couple days ago from someone, was away for the weekend and now i see that person cancelled it. I guess that trader must be used to the no responses as well.
Pages: 1 2