Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: NEWBIE ON HERE !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I just signed up for OPG and cant figure out how this "look up" works, it is not returning me with any results for anything.... why couldn't this be as easy as searching on google... some one help a brotha out? lol if not see you all at the show this weekend !

- Thanks
Hey man, welcome to the site. The search here is a far cry from Google but honestly, other than Google, what isn't? You might want entering in the full year of the set in this form: "1998-99" or "2011-12."

You don't have to type out "SP Authentic" in full; "authentic" should suffice. Since you might pull up basketball and hockey sets of the same name with that search (those are the sports that use two years versus one), try adding "hockey" as in "2005-06 authentic hockey." On the other hand "sp game used" needs to be typed out in its entirety.

Main point: it takes some coaxing and getting used to...good luck!
the search function is a bit picky but once you figure it out, it is pretty easy

any other questions feel free to ask
Welcome to the site! I hope that you enjoy our community, and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask. There are many great people here that will be more than willing to share an of their knowledge to help you along your way. Drop a post here, or a new thread introducing yourself, telling us who you collect, and snag yourself a Photobucket account so you can share your cards with everyone.

As for the search function, Al and J.J. have it right. It is particular on the details as to what you are searching for, and you have to be spot on with the spelling too. It's a bit of a headache in the beginning, but once you learn the search and filters it becomes easy. Again, welcome to the boards and have fun!

Randi
welcome to the site
thanks all !!! hope everyone had a good christmas break...
Welcome aboard!