Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: New Leaf Valiant pickups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think these are sweet looking cards, and I am very interested to see how their value holds up long term. Here are the 4 I picked up today

2011 Leaf Valiant Draft Blue Anthony Rendon AU #/99 2011 Leaf Valiant Draft Anthony Rendon AU

2011 Leaf Valiant Draft Dylan Bundy AU 2011 Leaf Valiant Draft George Springer AU SP

I picked up the Rendon's because I will probably start collecting him. The green ones are the "base", and the Blue Rendon is a parallel #/99. I also added the Bundy because he'll be a stud, and added the Springer because he's an Astro and his base auto is short-printed.

LMK your thoughts on these
Those are sweet. They look like the old Donruss Crusades cards of the 90's!
(11-03-2011, 03:15 PM)motu79 Wrote: [ -> ]Those are sweet. They look like the old Donruss Crusades cards of the 90's!
That's what they were modeled after. The Leaf owner said he had a lot of requests to make a similar product, and his card designer was the guy that designed the original Donruss cards. I am anxious to get them in hand and see how they look and I hope they're gradeable
I imagine they look great in person. I just received my first "new" Leaf card in the mail yesterday and it looks ten times better in person than in a scan. Great looking cards.
(11-03-2011, 03:24 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine they look great in person. I just received my first "new" Leaf card in the mail yesterday and it looks ten times better in person than in a scan. Great looking cards.
Thanks for the info. Did you get a Valiant or a Metal card?
(11-03-2011, 03:27 PM)keyser soze Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info. Did you get a Valiant or a Metal card?
Ah, probably should have clarified that. It was a red refractor from the 2011 Ali set.
those preview sheets BG posted in a video on some other forums looked incredible for this set. total knockoff and all I still think they look awesome. props to BG
I like them a lot. sweet cards.