Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Name Plate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw a Brian Leetch "silver nameplate" from Dominion on the bay. what are these and where are they taken from?

thanks.
are you talking about the Engravatures sub set or the name plate jersey sub set?
Engravatures
From the Panini blog

Amid the bewildering barrage of otherworldly hits I’ve seen packed into 2010-11 Dominion Hockey over the course of the last week, there is one insert in particular that has repeatedly commanded my attention more than the others.

The cards don’t have on-card autographs or a rainbow array of peerless patches like many of the gems that will share pack space with them. What they do have, though, is something that makes them unlike any other sports card in history: Sterling silver-plated bars engraved with the names of the Stanley Cup-hoisters on them.

As far as I’m concerned, the 20-card Engravatures insert is easily one of Dominion’s most unique inclusions — and that’s saying something. It’s a combination of precious metal and heavy metal that makes each card noticeably weightier and noticeably cooler.

But don’t just take my word for it. Check out the stunning video and gallery that follow showcasing just some of the cards in the set. Each one, by the way, is numbered to just 10.

First, the video . . .

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2011/...on-hockey/
Great find, thank you.
no problem

i know it was on the blog somewhere
i just picked this one up this week! Love the innovation behind these.

[Image: 001-1.jpg]
Yeah Id love to put a Leetch & Messier in my collection but they're overvalued imo. Like not even close to what Id be willing to pay.
sweet plate!

and yea there are pretty pricey, i know 1 guy doing the set
i got a great deal on mine. quite a bit less than what theyre going for on the bay. Just give it some time they will probably drop in price.