Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ebay bin rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thought i'd say my piece because it's bugging the crap out of me.. I've sold numerous items on ebay over the last year and it seems not only with myself but other buyers that if you have a bin even with a best offer option it doesn't get hit unless it's a crazy prospect auto or hof something. I understand from the buyer side as i've been there hundreds of times trying to get the best deal possible but in a lot of cases i've seen the final auction price go higher than the bin on higher end stuff. I have several items now that yes I have a high bin on and i'm not moving on those but l also have "best offer" options on them and smaller items as well.
Send an offer people
Just because the bin price is one thing doesn't mean I won't give a break off my price. even as much as 30-40% in some cases. I already had the cards that book listed at 60-75% of bv with best offer option and still nothing.
I stopped those and sent them to auction just to get the ball rolling. sorry for the rant but was getting to me.
when i search ebay, i dont even look at BIN's, to be honest. i actually exclude them from my searches

and i know a lot of folks are like me
I tend to look at BINs for newly listed items only. Have gotten a few good deals too. I also list with BINs and/or Best Offer and usually do ok with them.
(10-27-2011, 01:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]when i search ebay, i dont even look at BIN's, to be honest. i actually exclude them from my searches

and i know a lot of folks are like me
Funny I look for the BIN at a decent price. Usually around what the itmes are going for at auction or a little less. I would rather click once and buy it then, to wait a week, to see if the auction goes well enough that it is not cancelled or to loose an item in the end, because that same week 12 people who have not bid on the last three cards are now bidding against me. Just my 2 cents.
I agree, I prefer to use buy it now on ebay. The auctions just annoy me anymore with every one jumping up at the very last second. I would rather buy the card at a decent price than have to invest the time in following an auction. I do wish more of the BIN would have a best offer option though - I like that on COMC every card has this option. Sometimes I end up accepting a counteroffer that is more than I would have originally bought the card at, so I thing best offers benefit everyone. All they can do is say no.
see, i dont wait on auctions. i only look at auctions ending within 24 hours, and i never bid unless there is 3 seconds left. every great deal i ever got was an auction

bin's - especially those with wildly high prices - i dont even bother looking at, because most of the time, the seller isnt going to want to listen to the offer im going to give. also, i think way too many BIN's are just plain unrealistic (and i dont mean the bin price, but what they are expecting for offers)

ive made a living for 6 years by buying auctions. only very rarely - maybe 4-5 times a week, do i even send a offer on a bin.
The bottom has fell out of cards if it isn't a hyped prospect. I had 50 auctions listed starting at 99 cents and only 13 sold.
I prefer to use the BIN option when available and everything else in the listing is up to snuff (s/h cost, seller feedback, item description, photos, etc). There is one seller in particular that I always check his listings, have bought the most from him, and all his listings are straight BIN.

If I'm looking for a particular card, I won't discriminate between auction/BIN because if I stick with one category, I might miss the card and not realize it's even there. As a buyer, I've only done the best offer option a few times. I just don't like the haggling and most times, I never even hear from the seller after submitting an offer. My best offers are just that, my best offer, and are always an average or to the higher end of the spectrum of realized prices on ebay with an explanation to the seller as to how I came to that offer.

There is nothing more annoying to me as a seller than having someone submit an offer of $10 on a card that routinely sells for $35-$45. Just cut to the chase and offer what you're willing to pay up front. I understand the option is there to go back and forth which makes no sense to me if it's called the "Best Offer" option. If $10 is the most you are willing to pay, then don't get bent out of shape when it's rejected. And yes, I realize I can do an automatic block up to a certain price point but I'm always amazed at the ridiculousness of people and it amuses me at the same time.

In any event, I think I went on my own separate little rant there. Not that it matters as I think I'm done with selling on there anyway. To the OP, I've found that even when your listing price is fair, it doesn't matter, even when the ending auction prices are higher.
when searching I always go " Items ending soonest " to try and snipe something at a decent price in the last seconds and then " BIN Price+Shipping lowest " but rarely do I buy anything with a BIN because the prices are usually way to high.

I think the issue most people have with the " best offer " option is very rarely does the seller accept the offers that are sent and your are basically just wasting your time.
I check BIN on newly listed and also search BIN lowest plus shipping first to see what is available. There are good deals if people watch. I think guys always think they may get a better deal bidding, but its not always the case.
Pages: 1 2