Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: just won a 1986-87 Fleer Magic johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350500142662?ssP...1429.l2649

the top two cards I plan on getting graded as soon as they come in, if either gets an 8 or above I think I just got a major steal, both look pretty centered.

I've never got a card graded before so does anyone know where I should go, I like the presentation of becketts grading better but I feel like Psa is more lenient. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Psa in a heartbeat
Nice finds, I like Beckett for grading. Always go with the best, as you said PSA is more lenient, hence Beckett is the better grade.
(10-25-2011, 08:54 PM)sonnyday Wrote: [ -> ]Psa in a heartbeat
do you know where I can find there pricing I found becketts but couldn't find psa

Just go to psacard.com and go under services. It can be argued all day who is more leniant. Some will say PSA, some will say BGS. Its an argument that will never end. I just think you will get slaughtered on sub grades unless the card is pack fresh.
If you click on the pic to make it larger, you can see both bottom corners show white and there is some white showing on the right edge near the bottom right corner. I don't think that the card would even be worth sending in. If you're looking to buy grade worthy cards, buy them slabbed already. That is your safest bet.

$5.20 to ship kinda makes it not even a steal. Sorry to rain on your parade.
(10-26-2011, 12:55 PM)david campos Wrote: [ -> ]If you click on the pic to make it larger, you can see both bottom corners show white and there is some white showing on the right edge near the bottom right corner. I don't think that the card would even be worth sending in. If you're looking to buy grade worthy cards, buy them slabbed already. That is your safest bet.
+1000000.....Or buy in person at a card show.
(10-26-2011, 12:55 PM)david campos Wrote: [ -> ]If you click on the pic to make it larger, you can see both bottom corners show white and there is some white showing on the right edge near the bottom right corner. I don't think that the card would even be worth sending in. If you're looking to buy grade worthy cards, buy them slabbed already. That is your safest bet.

no worries, i ended up getting free shipping on it because in the description he said free shipping.

i can't get the picture to zoom in enough to know for sure but figured it was worth a shot.

I was going to point out the same thing as the corners all show some white and there is some whitening along the right side of the card too. Buying cards off eBay for grading is tough if the picture isn't great and the seller doesn't give a great description describing any flaws. I definitely prefer getting cards from a LCS or show if I care a lot about their condition, however the best steals still seem to come off eBay.
I got them in today here are the scans,

[Image: SAM_0231.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0232.jpg]

the sticker is in very good condition, I was impressed definitely not sending them in though