Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: If I had paid money to watch that game yesterday.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sorry even if someone had given me a ticket to yesterdays matinee I would have demanded a refund for the Flames/Predators game. I am a diehard fan of the NHL and the Flames since ever, but that yesterday was the worst game in the history of me watching Calgary play, IMO. Nashvilles style coupled with the dim reality that this team is in deep doo doo in todays NHL is going to make for a very very long season here in Cowtown. I know its early and anything can happen, but I think the retooling Edmonton has done is going to come in handy when Edmonton either makes a good push for the playoffs or falls short, but they will finish ahead of Calgary in the division. My feelings are the lack of developing a farm system and trading away any decent draft pick choices in the past, is starting to rear its head. There is so much of this that will be blamed on the Sutter years (understandable) here in Calgary, and Feaster is trying to do what he can with a limited choices. The Stajan and Hagman deals are really starting to handcuff this team and its ability to do anything. Poor Kipper and Iggy, they are getting so tired of making this respectable here. Just my venting and opinions here people, but it does not look very promising this year or for a couple more after this either.
it happens

hopefully next game is better for your team

some styles are pretty blah but if it gets the job done...

also i think the time the game was getting played is another reason why it wasn't so good
not me. i thought it was an awesome game. flames have owned us for several years. i've spent alot of money watching Calgary beat up my Preds and it felt good to see my Preds shut the Flames down. you see Blum make that awesome diving save on Jokinen's wide open shot? game changer. but i know how you feel. my Preds were riding a 4 game losing streak and 1 win doesn't hide the fact they have big problems and glaring needs on offense. we've lost both our home games, 1 in particularly embarrassing fashion. but hey, it's early. anything can happen.
If you think being a Flames fan is bad, try being an Islanders fan. The team is "honoring" the 92-93 team next weekend...the last year they won a playoff series. That's right. No playoff wins in almost 20 years. Plenty of top 10 picks though during that time.
The Flames' GM's comments about the Oilers the other day are hilarious. He says the Oilers have done a bad job and will be in the basement, behind Calgary, again this season.
He may very well be right, but Calgary is quite a long shot for the playoffs as well, with their line-up. What's funnier to me is imagining where Calgary will be in two years and where Edmonton will be at that time.
Methinks the Calgary GM really stuck his foot in it on that one.
u know, Terry Crisp(legendary flames coach) is the color commentator for the Preds. maybe u should have wandered up to the press booth and offered him a couple of funnel cakes to take over behind the bench. seriously tho, if you put pics of the flames coach and the preds coach side by side, it would look like a couple of extras from the lord of the rings movies. funny looking dudes.
try being a CBJ fan! One of my friends can't believe how bad they are doing. 0-6-1 I think. He keeps joking about wearing a Red Wings Jersey and hat on Tuesday when they play the Jackets haha
(10-23-2011, 08:07 PM)wickabee Wrote: [ -> ]The Flames' GM's comments about the Oilers the other day are hilarious. He says the Oilers have done a bad job and will be in the basement, behind Calgary, again this season.
He may very well be right, but Calgary is quite a long shot for the playoffs as well, with their line-up. What's funnier to me is imagining where Calgary will be in two years and where Edmonton will be at that time.
Methinks the Calgary GM really stuck his foot in it on that one.
Could not agree more about Edmonton, they are going to be rocking soon. Was it Feaster who said that? If it was, it surprises me, now if it was Mr. Happy (Ken King) then I would see it. If Feaster said it then he is just shirking the focus about a team who is going nowhere fast. I expressed my views at a season ticket session back in the spring and everyone in the crowd was looking at me with a "you know they don't have anyone in the farm system" glance, it was funny. The mgmt. at the meeting said they are trying to make it a better relationship with Abbotsford by saying" we are going there more now and having dinner with the players to get to know them better" I said really, is it not the scouts job to "know them" better befofre we get them into our system? Anyway, I could go on forever, but I won't!