Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Now that eBay is flooded with 2011 BC - a look at the prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://playground.wedeking.org/ebay/index.php

I am not sure if I captured all of the autographs in the set, but should give a pretty good idea on averages for sale prices from the 2011 Bowman Chrome baseball release. Gives you a look at prices all the way through the rainbow.

Please note, data is not always 100% accurate, sellers on eBay will always garbage load their titles for more views. I have tried to filter out as many of these garbage listing as possible, but its an automated script so some data is flawed.
Great info bwedeking..I am hoping the prices stay up all winter.
Nice work - thanks!

Quick analysis of the data: There are no refractor auto's of Lawrie, Hosmer, Turner, or Ackley (or they are very rare); there are no base USA autos (the 1 listed is clearly a ref.). The rest of the provided info is too minimal so I went through ebay and here's the SP auto's availablilty -very interesting:

Lawrie and Hosmer - no reg. refractors, there are redemptions for base, blue, gold, orange, (red?)
Turner - only redemptions for base and blue, no other color refractors (redemption cards) have been seen
Ackley - on card live for base, gold, and orange (no reg. ref. or blues have been seen)

so in summary, there seem to be no regular (/500) refractors for the SP auto's.
where did you get the $19 Harper from? I only see a mystery redemption for $19. This data seems a little too flawed to support true pricing.
(10-23-2011, 09:37 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: [ -> ]where did you get the $19 Harper from? I only see a mystery redemption for $19. This data seems a little too flawed to support true pricing.
The flaws come from sellers keyword loading their titles. Since this is an automated script, it just runs a loop searching for items, so if a person puts 2011 BOWMAN CHROME PROSPECT AUTO REDEMPTION CARD - BRYCE HARPER? as their title, its going to get picked up.

Not 100% accurate, but a pretty good representation.

Can you not utilize a manual filter option?
also I'd run it again tomorrow as today is Sunday, so after tonight there will be much more sales information available.
(10-23-2011, 12:28 PM)rygumbe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not utilize a manual filter option?
also I'd run it again tomorrow as today is Sunday, so after tonight there will be much more sales information available.
It's real time, as auctions ends, you will see them added into the totals.

great - thanks so much for setting this up. It's a small enough sample that one can just remove the obvious inaccuracies (for the big cards) as they become apparent.
Should be a tremendous amount of additional data being added tonight with all of the auctions ending.
(10-23-2011, 11:57 AM)bwedeking Wrote: [ -> ]The flaws come from sellers keyword loading their titles. Since this is an automated script, it just runs a loop searching for items, so if a person puts 2011 BOWMAN CHROME PROSPECT AUTO REDEMPTION CARD - BRYCE HARPER? as their title, its going to get picked up.

Not 100% accurate, but a pretty good representation.
Gotcha! This is still helpful though.
Pages: 1 2