Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ceramic card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this ceramic card,which I bought at a card show a couple years ago.Was wondering if anyone knew of these cards.Thanks
Front
[Image: 001-11.jpg]
Back
[Image: 002-10.jpg]
Ha! Good to know someone else out there has these things!

Sorry I can't be of any help but I'm hoping someone can. I've got a couple of them I dug up last night I wanted to look into.
Well since no one knows anything about these cards,I think I know a little.To my best of knowledge these ceramic cards came with a paper which I believe is the certificate of authenticity or something that describes the ceramic card that came with it.Anyone else?
We sell them at the shop i work at. They are a neat novelty but thats just about it. i don't think they are even listed on beckett. most are from a after market company. we have a guy who buys them then gets them autographed.
Not that it really sheds a whole lot of light on this, but here are the two I've got. The box they are each in pretty much have what is on the little certs with some added wording. Backs of the cards look just like the back of the regular Topps card with the serial number hand written at the bottom.
[Image: ceramics.jpg]
[Image: certs.jpg]
[Image: home.jpg]
I bought a whole set of Nolan Ryan 8 years ago for I think 100.00 They are all serial numbered the same and came in a wooden case. At the time my LCS was selling them for 25.00 each. Some he even sold for 60.00 of other players.

They are not ceramic they are porcelain and they are listed in Becket with N/A value. Hope this helps
Whoa with a N/A tag i'm sure the value went up lol when people see the N/A they automatically think its worth a mint. We sell them for roughly $25-$40
(10-26-2011, 09:17 PM)waynetalger Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a whole set of Nolan Ryan 8 years ago for I think 100.00 They are all serial numbered the same and came in a wooden case. At the time my LCS was selling them for 25.00 each. Some he even sold for 60.00 of other players.

They are not ceramic they are porcelin and they are listed in Becket with N/A value. Hope this helps
Thanks.What is it under,I can't seem to find it still?Mines is serial'd to 100.The Ryan and Clark is serial'd to 5000.Sorry maybe I need a hint or something-lol.

Mine are Hamilton Porcelain Try typing in the card no year or date something like

Nolan Ryan Porcelain and 1 is listed the othe 27 are not. Maybe yours will come up for you that way
Maybe it belongs to this? Based on the description given by Beckett, it appears it's from the same company, R & N China, if I'm reading it right on your card.
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1994/topps-porcelain/
Pages: 1 2