Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2011 Topps Kimball 1/1 Die-cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL Look at this Kimball insert I received from a pack of 2011 Topps. Another card that has fell victim to the pack sealer machine. Awesome die-cut, too bad the other half of the card wasn't in the pack! My girlfriend opened the pack and said there was some sort of ticket stub in the middle haha.

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
sell it on ebay as a 1/1 and retire!
Ok its live. We'll see if I can quit my job! Smile
What exactly are die cuts?

Are pack sealer victims like the one above actually worth more than their normally pristine manufactured counterparts?
(10-16-2011, 04:02 PM)Merovius Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are die cuts?

Are pack sealer victims like the one above actually worth more than their normally pristine manufactured counterparts?
Die-cuts are cards that were intentionally cut by the manufacturer i.e. the new Topps Finest Mosaic Refractors. I was using that term as a joke to explain the card being cut. The card is actually considered damaged (value = 0), I guess. Sometimes things like this sell for premiums because they are appealing and do not usually happen.
haha thats awesome. Watch people will bid ridiciously high on this too.
I should take those funny design scissors and cut my base cards up and sell 'em as 1/1s
(10-16-2011, 09:10 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: [ -> ]I should take those funny design scissors and cut my base cards up and sell 'em as 1/1s
Yes great idea!! Cut them up and bedazzle them and sell them as diamond anniversary extended die-cuts!

Im just glad it wasn't a superfractor or something more valuable.
get it graded.... love to see what the graders would say or do....it's a 1/1 from the manufacturer.. so they would have to grade it gem 10... no other to compare it to...