Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: T206 Red Sox Team Set: "That's a Wrap!"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally got my butt in gear and picked up the last three cards I needed for this. There are only 12 in the team set but with a few of them, it was a matter of waiting for the right price as there are MANY overpriced cards out there. I didn't want any PSA cards but I couldn't pass on the prices for them and they will be off to SGC in the next week or so. There is one other card, Frank Smith, that shows him in a White Sox uniform but the team at the bottom is listed as both Chicago and Boston. Since he's not in a Red Sox uniform, I don't count it towards the team set. On to the next project.......
[Image: t206RedSoxTeam_0001.jpg]
[Image: t206RedSoxTeam_0002.jpg]
[Image: t206RedSoxTeam_0003.jpg]
[Image: t206RedSoxTeam_0004.jpg]
Very nice.. ive been looking for a cheap jake stahl to pick up. i share the same last name lol
(10-05-2011, 08:39 PM)sastahl Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice.. ive been looking for a cheap jake stahl to pick up. i share the same last name lol
Thanks! I'm partial to him as well. I used his name as my alias/cover name/whatever while I was deployed. They never could say "Jake" though and ended up calling me "Jack".
(10-05-2011, 08:47 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! I'm partial to him as well. I used his name as my alias/cover name/whatever while I was deployed. They never could say "Jake" though and ended up calling me "Jack".
haha. were you in Iraq? i was army for six years and went twice myself.
Love the 206s. Great pickups. Whats the next step T-205s?
(10-05-2011, 09:40 PM)sastahl Wrote: [ -> ]haha. were you in Iraq? i was army for six years and went twice myself.
Yeah, Army as well. Only did one tour though from SEP 07-DEC 08. Kind of strange that we'll be out of there in a few months.
Beauties, all of them.
(10-05-2011, 09:50 PM)waynetalger Wrote: [ -> ]Love the 206s. Great pickups. Whats the next step T-205s?
Thanks. I considered doing the run of 205, 206, and 207 but for now I think I'm good with the 206. I might do the 205 at some point but don't know.

My next project is actually going to be a baseball/military one. I contacted the Hall of Fame and they shot me a spreadsheet of all former ball players who served in the military. I was shocked at what they sent me as it was much more comprehensive than I thought it would be. Has separate tabs for Japanese players/minor league/pro/negro league players. I'm going to pick up a card, if they have one, of all the players that were awarded the Bronze Star (primary target), Silver Star, Medal of Honor, and the Purple Heart. The list isn't too long at all and some players are repeats in the categories. I'm going to try and split it up so that I have a different year/brand for each player.

Before I get heavy into that though, the rest of my modern is going bye-bye. As I said earlier in the week, I've had it with that stuff and want to just get it out of here. Aside from approximately 50-75 cards, all my modern is gone.
(10-05-2011, 09:59 PM)beatles guy Wrote: [ -> ]Beauties, all of them.
Thanks! Many of them have the lower grades but it's due to something on the back. The fronts look great in person. Just another example of "buy the card and not the label".
nice set....I'm working on the Boston Nat'l team set since they ended up being today's Atlanta Braves....that sets only 14 cards and no real high dollar items, so that's my #1 project at the moment, along with my ongoing 1952 Bowman set and my 2011 Bowman Platinum Rainbow Set.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that Speaker run you?
Good Work! as always Bill. I admire your 'Stick-to-It' personality.

Maybe for your Military project, you could narrow it down to just those in the Army or any Branch. Might make it easier. Lol, I was going to do Ex-Marines a few years back but could never put together a complete list.

Good Luck...Mel
Pages: 1 2