Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Another strange Datsyuk auto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, not a Datsyuk auto. A MODANO auto on a Datsyuk card. Will go along well with me Backwards/Reversed O-Pee-Chee Datsyuk auto, only that one was on a sticker, this one is on card.

[Image: datsyukcup9-10stanleycupsigmodano50.jpg]

Seeing that it's 'the cup', i expect a mistake like this not to occur. But it is UD. I wonder if they were all like this, or just this card. It is pretty sweet though.
That is an awesome card you have there. I wonder if Datsyuk signed a Modano card?
UD dropps the ball

including as mention it is the CUP, the crown jewel of the hockey product...
Thats a hilarious card!
A lot of people wouldn't help but feel that Modano was responsible, but Upper Deck knowingly sent the card(s) to him to sign or made him sign it in-person in front of them.

The shame goes to Upper Deck for yet another in their long line of mistakes.
Its actually not Modano it is Markus Naslund IMO. UD still sucks at quality control. They should hire some of the Dominion QC people from Panini. I am sure there are some errors from them as well, but seriously, for a hand packed product? Actually I guess it may be Modano on further review, either way still craptastic on UD's behalf.
There have always been errors on sports cards and there always will be for as long as self-aware super-robots haven't supplanted humans in making hockey cards. I think it's a nice quirk to the hobby and you have a one of kind card that celebrates two great players.

Plus, you've gotten off to quite a start with the Datsyuk auto error card collection and it might be a fun side project going forward.
Kinda makes you wonder how UD messed up that bad as Modano does not have an auto card in that set or in any of the 2010-11 The Cup product from what i could find.
(10-03-2011, 07:59 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda makes you wonder how UD messed up that bad as Modano does not have an auto card in that set or in any of the 2010-11 The Cup product from what i could find.
Maybe he hires someone to sign his name that is not into hockey lol..........
Pages: 1 2