Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Got Shilled?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty sure I got shilled, 11 feed back ,12 bids ALL with this seller....
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...r_ViewLink

I would like to know what other members do when this happens. DO you leave negative feedback? I left neutral feedback, was that wrong?
What about star rating ? Do you hit them pretty hard on the star rating also?
leave negative feedback and report it to ebay!!!
(10-01-2011, 01:48 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: [ -> ]leave negative feedback and report it to ebay!!!
What reasons to you choose when you report it? I dont see one for shill bidding?
(10-01-2011, 01:49 AM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]What reasons to you choose when you report it? I dont see one for shill bidding?
I think it is inappropriate auctions actions or something along those lines
(10-01-2011, 08:09 AM)Duchovny2 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-...5200029653

Just posted this on ebay
Maybe you need to learn how to determine an actual shill bid from one that is not, the example you gave on there is plainly not a shill bidder.
(10-01-2011, 01:49 AM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]What reasons to you choose when you report it? I dont see one for shill bidding?
it is called fraud on their page i think...BUT,here is the thing..after seeing bid history,looks like the the newbie bidder only bumped it once at the end for 4 bucks..i know he has 100% bid history with seller so it looks like fraud.
just not so sure here...
one thing i am sure on,IF i was the person who got dinged with the shill and i really felt like i was skrewed....2 stars accross the board on feedback,neutral,and SAY shilled on FB line..AND,i dont care what happens next....no service,no honesty and they get what they deserve..Smile
i sell too...so i know the drill...all you have to do is...the RIGHT thing..
and you cant filter the good and bad folks there either...just do the homework and it's all good

i dont know about you brother but ebay in NOT about making friends. it is about making MONEY..

Smile
(10-01-2011, 09:29 AM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you need to learn how to determine an actual shill bid from one that is not, the example you gave on there is plainly not a shill bidder.
The photo was cropped when I posted it, the bidder had 94% bidding history with this seller, so I don't think I'm wrong.

[Image: 7.jpg]

(10-01-2011, 10:51 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: [ -> ]it is called fraud on their page i think...BUT,here is the thing..after seeing bid history,looks like the the newbie bidder only bumped it once at the end for 4 bucks..i know he has 100% bid history with seller so it looks like fraud.
just not so sure here...
one thing i am sure on,IF i was the person who got dinged with the shill and i really felt like i was skrewed....2 stars accross the board on feedback,neutral,and SAY shilled on FB line..AND,i dont care what happens next....no service,no honesty and they get what they deserve..Smile
i sell too...so i know the drill...all you have to do is...the RIGHT thing..
and you cant filter the good and bad folks there either...just do the homework and it's all good

i dont know about you brother but ebay in NOT about making friends. it is about making MONEY..

Smile
I checked all my purchases from the last 2 months and this is the only one that had a low feedback bidder with that high of a % with a seller. Im 90% sure it was shilled, yea it was only 4 bucks but thats not the point. Being dishonest is the point. If these clowns get a negative feedback and low stars every time they shill they will be forced to stop.I dont understand these punks. If you want a certain dollar amount for your card use BIN or start your auction at the minimum that you will take for your item. Sounds pretty simple to me.
Ok i am trying to figure this out how you can tell because i may have been mis-reading one that happened to me in particular.

In you screenshot, it show the suspect shiller as having a total bid# of 401, for 291 different items in the past 30 days. Of those numbers,(if i am reading this right) the bidder in question has of 94% of those 401 bids with the same seller, and quite possibly many different items sold by the same seller as well. I am reading this correctly?
Pages: 1 2