Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: You just hit the lottery... you won $1,000... what do you buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Forget taxes for the moment. What's the one card, mulitple cards, set(s), wax or other that you go blow the money on?

Or do you just shore up your supplies? Ha!
I want a Superfractor... never had one before, so I suppose I'd blow at least some of it on finding a Mark Reynolds superfractor somewhere!
I would go vintage. A Ruth, Dimaggio, Cobb, or Robinson. Someone of that calibre that I don't have a card of
(09-27-2011, 01:35 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: [ -> ]I would go vintage. A Ruth, Dimaggio, Cobb, or Robinson. Someone of that calibre that I don't have a card of
as much 2011 topps chrome as possible, its a great product to open, you really get your moneys worth.
you buy cards from me since I am broke and having to quit the hobby for a while, haha
There's a nice Honus on eBay for $350,000. Would buy that. But with a 1,000 I would buy a low grade 51 mantle.
54 Kaline and a 51 Mantle.

If it was a larger purse I'd find myself a Ruth auto'd ball.
I'd buy a nice Bagwell auto and rare insert of his. Then I'd buy an Astros Superfractor. Then I'd buy a few boxes of 2011 stuff. With the last $100 or so I'd buy some vintage Astros/Colt .45's.
As many fancy hats as I could find, and a few A&G blasters from Target, or 1 1998 Donruss Crusade Red Will Clark
My post may well get me banished, but I would spend my $1,000 dollar lottery windfall on a new color sonar/gps for my boat and some new muskie lures...fishing is my true passion. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3