Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: FS = My Entire Basketball Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I don't follow or collect basketball anymore and I want to sell all of my basketball cards. Check the org - approx. $1,825 in book value across 2,282 cards - going to the highest bidder by this coming Sunday. Includes Base, RC, Inserts, Parallels, Autos, GU, etc.

PM me your questions or offers.

Thank you.
Anyone interested?
You might atleast highlight the best 10 cards or so. Traders see the total BV and the total quantity of cards and shy away from it.

I am looking at about an average of $0.80 a card. I wouldn't give $20 without knowing more than the vauge details you posted. I bet others feel the same.

Just trying to help.
(09-28-2011, 01:37 PM)got watcha want Wrote: [ -> ]You might atleast highlight the best 10 cards or so. Traders see the total BV and the total quantity of cards and shy away from it.

I am looking at about an average of $0.80 a card. I wouldn't give $20 without knowing more than the vauge details you posted. I bet others feel the same.

Just trying to help.
I agree. I mean, if there's 50 cards worth $50 and the rest are $0.50-$0.75 cards, that's cool. But when total value is less than $1 a card, everyone shies away. Believe me, I know, I've been trying to rid myself of 9000+ cards I don't need anymore, but none of them are worth more than $10. Smile
+1 well said by both.
I just realized with that BV it'd be impossible for there to be 50 $50 cards. Smile
I think everyone has at least 1000 cards or more they can't get rid of without giving them away.

However, there are some collectors, (like xstreaminsanity and leadmetogreatness) that actually collect base cards of certain teams and are trying to get as many as they can. He may be able to get rid of about 100-500 cards this way, but probably not by selling. Only trading.
I save my base up and donate it to goodwill and other charities that can take them. I do this every few years and get the tax credit for it.

I have actually sold these types of cards in the past for about $0.05/25ct and I get a $0.25/25ct for inserts and stars. That LCS that did that is no longer open, but I did make a sale at a card show just like that not too long ago.

With the shipping costs of bulk lots like this, you would be hard pressed to find a buyer that is willing to pay enough to even cover the cost of shipping for you.

Recently, I tried to sell a lot of 25 GU/Autos, and inserts and RCs that all booked around $10 each. I was asking about $1 each....................I still have the cards Sad
(09-28-2011, 04:35 PM)got watcha want Wrote: [ -> ]I save my base up and donate it to goodwill and other charities that can take them. I do this every few years and get the tax credit for it.
I have done this before as well. I think I am probably going to do it again this year. Even using ebay you have listing fees, selling fees, shipping costs, packaging costs, paypal fees, etc. And on top of that hardly anybody out there wants to buy a bunch of base cards so the price you get is usually like $.01 - $.05 per card. Even at 50% of BV I get a lot more bang for my buck donating to good will or the boys & girls club in town.
I figured someone could look at the org - as it's bery organized into sets, etc. Maybe even set up a trade where they could filter and get a feel for. I don't know whos who or whos good - I couldn't even name 5 players in the NBA right now!