Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1975 card with an error cut from factory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a 1975 Topps Andy Etchebarren card with a factory cut across the top that has Cesar Cedeno visible and andy's name cut off at the bottom.
Dont know if anyone has seen one like this and if anyone could tell me if its worth more or less or doesnt matter with that type of error on it
Thanx
Jay
Pretty sure that miscuts aren't seen as error cards by the hobby (no extra value - significantly less value).

If it had been a misprint with the wrong name on the card - then it would probably have greater value (as long as they then corrected it and there were very few of the incorrect cards).

However, I am not an expert - just play one on BMB.

Ken
Unlike in other hobbies, errors like this make any card worth incredibly less than if mint.

Since your card as a mint version is worth a few cents, this mis cut makes it worthless.
(09-13-2011, 09:32 PM)OneidaJay Wrote: [ -> ]i have a 1975 Topps Andy Etchebarren card with a factory cut across the top that has Cesar Cedeno visible and andy's name cut off at the bottom.
Dont know if anyone has seen one like this and if anyone could tell me if its worth more or less or doesnt matter with that type of error on it
Thanx
Jay
I had numerous miscut Topps cards fron the 70's of baseball, football & basketball. Seems like it was fairly common to find cards that were miscut back then.
I agree that it generally doesn't hold value -only exception I can think of if it is a star and someone wants a unique card for their PC.
(09-13-2011, 09:52 PM)hellsbells Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure that miscuts aren't seen as error cards by the hobby (no extra value - significantly less value).

If it had been a misprint with the wrong name on the card - then it would probably have greater value (as long as they then corrected it and there were very few of the incorrect cards).
+1
Hellsbells is right.

Miscut cards are not error cards. Consider your centering way off. Corners can be sharp but it would have to be considered poor condition based on centering alone. Your card is worthless to most anyone but a die hard Andy Etchebarren or Cesar Cedeno supercollector.

If any of you out there are die hard Andy Etchebarren or Cesar Cedeno supercollectors, no need to come forward at this time.
Topps is still up to that game. I got a box of Platinum this year that was real bad on the top/bottom.
Thanks for reminding me ,I need to send those back!
Mis-cut. Think of it as a flaw, not an error. Toss it in the trash value wise.
I think it is Andy Etchebarren's eyebrow that actually decreases the value. They chould have miscut it the other direction so they got him right above the eyes.
lol love the creative answers guys. thanks.
i was cleaning out a couple closets and found all my cards football and baseball. from the late 70s 80s and early 90s, didnt know i had decent cards, so my addiction has started up again lol
so since i havnt been collectintg in awhile you will probably numerous questions of what to look for
thnx again
One Love
Pages: 1 2