Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2002 Leaf Samples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know anything about the 'Sample' cards in the 2002 Leaf Certified set? Just came across one while going through a random box of cards and was curious.
I don't know anything about them, but if it is a Doug Devore Card #180 I'd like it.

for reference
[Image: SCAN0522.jpg]
I know some were found in beckett magazines, I got a couple but none with game worns
There are two versions. The word "SAMPLE" will be either in silver or gold print on the back. The gold prints were harder to find. A scan would probably help if you can provide one. What player do you have?
(09-13-2011, 04:59 PM)david campos Wrote: [ -> ]There are two versions. The word "SAMPLE" will be either in silver or gold print on the back. The gold prints were harder to find. A scan would probably help if you can provide one. What player do you have?
It's Toby Hall with a silver 'sample' on the back. It's in beckett with a n/a value. Have just never seen it before, i've gone through quite a few 2002 Leaf Cert. and this is the first time i've seen it.
Like this?
[Image: 03lcmjm18.jpg]
(09-13-2011, 07:47 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: [ -> ]Like this?
[Image: 03lcmjm18.jpg]
Yeah, just with the 'SAMPLE' on the bottom left.

[Image: DSC01661.jpg]

[Image: DSC01660.jpg]