Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: Hurricane Lee ruining anyone elses holiday weekend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have been in a Tropical Downpour almost all weekend and it shows no signs of stopping. No cookout for me. No going out to get my mind off how awful my Ducks are going to be this year. No pickup games with my buddies.
Looks like another long day....thanks a lot hurricane.
Sorry to hear that... I hated to watch the Ducks lose yesterday...;( sounds like you are having a rough weekend...
thanks man....indeed is a rough one!
Get a Holiday from school and it turns into a rain forest around here!
But it could be worse.....the people south and east of us are getting awful storms so I guess we dont have it as bad as they do.
being a razorback fan i was rooting for you guys... LSU just sucks.
ahh We turned the ball over 4 times.....I actually turned it to the Bosie State game after the fumble on the punt.

Seriously.....After he fumbled the ball and gave up 7 points Chip Kelly patted him on the butt and told him it was ok....what kind of sissy *** junk is that? That is not football.....If sombody at that level screws up they need a good chewing out and to take a seat on the bench.

That fumble was just bc of arrogance. Anybody in their right mind would have called for a fair catch....not catch the ball...run backwards....and fumble the ball for a touchdown.
GAHHHH.....Looks like I am going to be pulling for Stanford to win the BCS this year.
(09-05-2011, 02:50 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: [ -> ]ahh We turned the ball over 4 times.....I actually turned it to the Bosie State game after the fumble on the punt.

Seriously.....After he fumbled the ball and gave up 7 points Chip Kelly patted him on the butt and told him it was ok....what kind of sissy *** junk is that? That is not football.....If sombody at that level screws up they need a good chewing out and to take a seat on the bench.

That fumble was just bc of arrogance. Anybody in their right mind would have called for a fair catch....not catch the ball...run backwards....and fumble the ball for a touchdown.
GAHHHH.....Looks like I am going to be pulling for Stanford to win the BCS this year.
As the rock would say, rooty poo candy a**!

Would love to see Bill Parcells or Bill Cowhers get ahold him if they were still around.

But ya my weekend was perty much boring as heck so far, we did get to grill up some burgers and sausage just in time for the nascar race atlanta only to see if get postponed due to the rain from the hurricane. So kinda bummed me out there, now gotta wait till tuesday to see if they can get it ran. Sucks as i wont be home and i have no clue where or when to start the DVR.
At least you guys are being burnt down like in Texas right now...Sad some crazy stuff going on these days I tell you...
You're seriously throwing in the towel for the season after one bad game? True fan I see! Tongue We could've easily won that game had we not had all those turnovers. We couldn't get out of our own way. That's about to change though. Game 1 was just a wake up call. LaMichael James will be back at full strength, and have a great year, Cliff Harris will be back returning kicks/punts for us, Thomas will only improve, and our defense will get better. I think that's the last game we're going to lose this season, personally. LSU has won 34 straight non-conference games for a reason, they're a great team. Our schedule will be much easier from hereon out.
(09-05-2011, 10:33 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: [ -> ]You're seriously throwing in the towel for the season after one bad game? True fan I see! Tongue We could've easily won that game had we not had all those turnovers. We couldn't get out of our own way. That's about to change though. Game 1 was just a wake up call. LaMichael James will be back at full strength, and have a great year, Cliff Harris will be back returning kicks/punts for us, Thomas will only improve, and our defense will get better. I think that's the last game we're going to lose this season, personally. LSU has won 34 straight non-conference games for a reason, they're a great team. Our schedule will be much easier from hereon out.
That is BCS football...that WAS the season right there.
Even if we win out the rest of the year...we have no chance at playing for a championship...and I really see us having big trouble with Stanford.

I know Cliff Harris will make a big impact when he comes back and I am glad for that....but our weakness has been exposed...our size up front.
but that sloppy loss to LSU really has knocked us out of contention for a title and with the team we have this year it was title or bust for the Ducks.

and the reason LSU has won 34 straight non-conferance games is bc 30 of them have been against Alcorn state or Western Alabama state tech a&m at Birmingham and teams like that lol

and sadly....LJ's Heisman chances go as the Ducks Championship chances go Sad
I still think we have a legit shot at winning a National Championship. I don't really see any dominant teams this year, I think most all teams will finish with one or more losses. That'll put us in title contention, and we have a legit shot to win out and at least win the Pac-10 and at the very least, the Rose Bowl.
Pages: 1 2