Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2005-06 Upper Deck Promo Cards - Red Foil "UD PROMO"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several cards from the 2005-06 Upper Deck Series which have "UD Promor" printed in 1/4" Red foil across the card, on top of the Player's name/information.

I saw a variation listed regarding a "Toronto Expo" however Beckett indicates these cards have a S/N which mine do not. The card itself looks just like the base card with the exception of the red foil "UD Promo".

Has anyone else seen promor cards from this series? Is anyone aware of how this variation impacts the price of the card? [I am pricing cards for my dad to sell in his hobby shop. The guys on the cards are bobos - Trevor Linden and Trent Hunter - and if they didn't have the UD Promo would not be anything he would normally keep around for sale.

Any info on how 'PROMO' status affects the price and/or production run of such promos would be very helpful.
Thanks
--Jersey
(09-05-2011, 08:54 AM)JerseyGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I have several cards from the 2005-06 Upper Deck Series which have "UD Promor" printed in 1/4" Red foil across the card, on top of the Player's name/information.

I saw a variation listed regarding a "Toronto Expo" however Beckett indicates these cards have a S/N which mine do not. The card itself looks just like the base card with the exception of the red foil "UD Promo".

Has anyone else seen promor cards from this series? Is anyone aware of how this variation impacts the price of the card? [I am pricing cards for my dad to sell in his hobby shop. The guys on the cards are bobos - Trevor Linden and Trent Hunter - and if they didn't have the UD Promo would not be anything he would normally keep around for sale.

Any info on how 'PROMO' status affects the price and/or production run of such promos would be very helpful.
Thanks
--Jersey
Hey JerseyGirl, i'd recommend providing scans to see if the ud promo is of a typeset/font that UD is known to use in order to make sure they're real.

Assuming they are, your best bet is to consider them as being one of ones until told otherwise because this is the first i've ever heard of promos for the 2005-06 set and therefore unpriced due to scarcity...

i agree with above

and also you can email the hockey editor. hockeymag@beckett.com . it will put the checklist on the site... if they can find the info
(09-05-2011, 08:54 AM)JerseyGirl Wrote: [ -> ]The guys on the cards are bobos - Trevor Linden and Trent Hunter - and if they didn't have the UD Promo would not be anything he would normally keep around for sale.
Trevor Linden a "bobo" ? If you have any of his rarer stuff, it will sell for 5 times book value (as long as you do it online and not in a hobby shop in Jersey I suppose) .
Here are the 3 versions I am aware of for that years set - regular, high glossy (10) and expo redemption (also 10).
[Image: 0506UD.jpg][Image: 0506UDHG.jpg][Image: 0506UDExpo.jpg]