Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: If all the NBA legends were in the same draft...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought basketball card fans might find this interesting, since a lot of card collectors speculate about the future. Imagine what Ralph Sampson or Shawn Kemp Exquiste RPA prices would be like if they entered the league now?! :eek:

Basketball Journalist: THE ULTIMATE NBA FANTASY DRAFT

(It's just my opinion. I wrote it for fun more than anything!)
This is reallllly cool
Great Article
fun article. I would agree on most entries although not necessarily the order. Only player I'm missing is Grant Hill; he was quite a hype when entering the draft..
Yeah I agree with you, I think I might drop Dirk for Hill. He was actually like 31st on my list.

Thanks for the comments guys! And for taking the time to read it. I really enjoyed writing it.
Ewing at 19? he should be higher .. of course =)
Remember, the article assumes all the players are aged 20. Which explains why someone like Howard is ahead of Ewing. Imagine how hyped Howard would have been if he dominated college fools for a couple of years?
(08-31-2011, 09:17 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, the article assumes all the players are aged 20. Which explains why someone like Howard is ahead of Ewing. Imagine how hyped Howard would have been if he dominated college fools for a couple of years?
i really dont think howard would have been so great in college though, very raw underdeveloped talent at that point, theres a few cases where i believe college may have hurt a player's career, eg. brandon jennings granted there are ppl who seriously could have benefited college ball also.. eg. Jermaine Oneal, spent 5 years as a scrub b4 he became good
(08-31-2011, 07:33 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: [ -> ]i really dont think howard would have been so great in college though, very raw underdeveloped talent at that point
This doesn't make sense. If Howard was a raw underdeveloped talent why would he have more success in the NBA then in the college game, where most players are far below the standards of an everyday NBA player.

I think playing at the collegiate level would help ALL players develop and mature more before going into the NBA, without exception. That doesn't mean that I don't think players like Lebron, Kobe and Howard should have gone to college. That was a choice they made and they have been succesful in the NBA.
(08-31-2011, 07:33 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: [ -> ]i really dont think howard would have been so great in college though, very raw underdeveloped talent at that point, theres a few cases where i believe college may have hurt a player's career, eg. brandon jennings granted there are ppl who seriously could have benefited college ball also.. eg. Jermaine Oneal, spent 5 years as a scrub b4 he became good
Brandon Jennings didn't go to college. He went to play in Italy.