Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Monumental PC Day (aka Patchmania 2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So - on Sunday, I picked up some mail that had wound up at my old address, and it was a smorgasbord of MMA, comic book, and hockey goodness. I was most excited to lay eyes on these key Panini Avalanche patches and add them to my Hejduk/Stastny/Duchene collection:

Photobucket

The Hejduk is from Zenith and numbered 17/30. The Stastny is from Pinnacle and numbered 02/25. And the Duchene, which I am officially in love with, is from Leaf Limited and numbered to Matt's jersey number - 9/10. Smile

I followed it up with a trip to the LCS. I've been gobbling up the $15 09-10 retail blasters so I grabbed one more, hoping for the elusive Tavares or Duchene. Well, the oversized card wound up being Matt Duchene, which I thought meant no go on Matt. I also picked up 3 packs of 08-09 SPA hoping for Stamkos or Steve Mason (I've posted some Mason PC highlights previously, including his SPA patch, Cup RC, and UD Black complete Nameplate). I couldn't believe that I hit these guys!:

Photobucket

And I also wound up with a M.A. Fleury jersey and an additional low-level Young Gun. Not too shabby! A good day for my PC.
very nice stuff congrats
Congrats on the pick ups.
Great looking patches!! Nice pick-ups for the PC
Love those Avs patches!
Some very nice cards there! Congrats on the great PC pick-ups and the awesome breaks!

Randi
Sweet
Ok, I think I'll think good thoughts about Couture the next time I crack a S2...amazing luck. The Duchene's look awesome together. If the Sharks didn't exist, I likely would've been a Avs fan(boy) because those unis are sharp...plus Sakic and Forsberg and Roy were pretty good at hockey.