Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Hurricane Irene Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well the media in nyc has def struck fear into MANY people after ordering evacuations, some even as close as 15 minutes from my house, currently theres only minor flooding where i live, but the worst part of the storm is said to be arriving between 7-11am

i made sure to park far away from any trees and poles. as far as damage i dont see there being anything devistating but rather i think its possible we will lose electricity for a couple days to go along with the flooding. so right now i think it will just be an inconvenience.

so just in case things get really bad i took my cards and wrapped it around 10 garbage bags and put them in my closet lol

u may take my car u may flood my streets, u may even take my home BUT IRENE WILL NOT TAKE MY CARDS!

...well if u dont hear from me for a couple days i probly lost power, its about 1 am here now and i just can fall asleep, im not worried or paranoid at all im just a bit intrigued and anxious to see how bad this is really going to get here, i heard there were a few deaths south of ny but so far so good...

according to all the stations it should be all cleared up by 6-10pm tomorrow.. i mean damn they took away all my tv stations, the jets vs giants game and postponed both mets games... I HATE THIS STORM!

one positive is that i got off work today and tomorrow =)
LOL i'm getting it worse now. I'm in SNJ and we are getting hammered here
Yea you gonna get ya rain and wind. Dont be one of those guys on TV with the reporter say how bad it is with the rain and wind blowing and in the background is a dude with no shirt yelling woohooo bring it on Irene hehehe just fill the freezer with extra water to freeze and keep the beer cold if electric goes out hehe. For real keep your head down and hope it not to bad for ya
good luck riding it out. hope everybody stays safe.. After the storm, take a trip to the west coast..
yeah, its coming right up the coast and supposed to hit me in upper ny around 2pm... my cards are upstairs so unless it rips my roof off, safe!.. but if it does.. it will take me with them!
All of you in the path please stay safe, take precautions, and listen to the warnings. You're in our prayers.
stay safe people, I've been told that storms with a lady's name tend to be real [EDIT] female doggies
just got the power back! lol that wasnt even as close to as bad as the governor and mayor said it would be, i lost my electricity around 7am until about 10 minutes ago, the guy across the street had a tree fall on his car but besides that i dont see any significant damage
First time I can remember the MTA were closed, bridges were closed. Thought it was going to be much worse. My basement floods when it rains a lot, didn't get nearly as much as I thought.

I was thinking of what to do with my cards, they're in my room. I really didn't expect (more like hope) anything bad would happen. Lots of tree limbs around, lots of dirt. Winds are still lively. The house on the corner of my block which is having construction done got a bit messed up (thank God nobody moved in there yet).
Wasn't Irene only like a category 2? Admittedly, a Big cat.2, but still....? Then again she could have been like the Category "2" cyclone that hit australia's north earlier this year. that one went from just South of Cairns (far north queensland - Category 4 at that stage) south east almost to mount Isa (category 2 at that stage) and then veered northwest and headed out into the gulf of Carpenteria where it petered out. No one was killed, but there were major floods, power outages and severe damage to fruit crops - especially Banana's which went from AU$2.99 a kilo to $12.99 in a matter of a month!
Pages: 1 2