Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: USPS just about gave me a heart attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sent in 6 cards to Beckett to be graded on 8/16. I sent them priority mail with $500 insurance and signature confirmation. On 8/18 the tracking said it was out for delivery. On 8/19 it said the same thing. Then no further updates as of 8/25. I called the post office and after a 30 min wait on hold, they told me they had no more information then what was posted online. They said I could file a claim in 21 days.

Well I had the insurance, but the problem was I didn't think that would be enough to cover the cards I sent in. These cards are in pretty good condition so I am hoping for some decent grades. I was planning to call Beckett and the post office in Dallas that delivers there mail when I got an email from Beckett this morning saying that my cards had finally arrived. Whew!

Here are the cards I sent in.

KOBE AUTO
[Image: scan0120.jpg]

JOE MONTANA RC
[Image: scan0015.jpg]

WALTER PAYTON RC
[Image: scan0047.jpg]

JULIUS ERVING RC
[Image: scan0111.jpg]

BOB LANIER RC
[Image: scan0017.jpg]

SCOTTIE PIPPEN RC
[Image: scan0016.jpg]
(08-26-2011, 01:17 PM)briankort Wrote: [ -> ]I sent in 6 cards to Beckett to be graded on 8/16. I sent them priority mail with $500 insurance and signature confirmation.

Well I had the insurance, but the problem was I didn't think that would be enough to cover the cards I sent in. These cards are in pretty good condition so I am hoping for some decent grades.
So you know ahead of time the next time you get insurance, the insurance will only cover FMV ( Fair Market Value ), not BV, no matter what condition it is in, they will go to ebay, and see what items of similar nature are selling for, average it out, and that is what you get as an insurance payment.

Secondly, getting them to pay, is like jumping through hoops, you basically have to prove to them why you feel the item is worth as much as your claiming, have the receipts for the item's etc...

this is their requirements

What do you need to file a domestic claim?
1 - A Completed Claims Form
File your domestic claim online. Or download the PS Form 1000, Domestic or International Claim form, complete it, mail it to our Accounting Services team.

2 - Evidence of Insurance
A mailing receipt, online label record, or shipment packaging can show the item was sent with insurance or Express Mail.

3 - Evidence of Value
You’ll also need to show the item’s value or estimated repair costs, with sales receipts or invoices.

4 - If Applicable, Proof of Damage or Loss of Contents
If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please hang on to the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later.

How long does it take to get reimbursement?
When all the documents are in order, claims are usually paid within 30 days.

How soon can you file a domestic claim?
For damage or partial loss, we recommend filing online right away, but the cutoff is 60 days from the date of mailing. No matter how you file, you’ll need to do it within about 6 months of the mailing date.

this is some good information. I copied & saved in on my laptop for future reference. this is a good "sticky" for the mods to post up for others that ship cards via usps..

(08-26-2011, 01:53 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]So you know ahead of time the next time you get insurance, the insurance will only cover FMV ( Fair Market Value ), not BV, no matter what condition it is in, they will go to ebay, and see what items of similar nature are selling for, average it out, and that is what you get as an insurance payment.

Secondly, getting them to pay, is like jumping through hoops, you basically have to prove to them why you feel the item is worth as much as your claiming, have the receipts for the item's etc...

this is their requirements

What do you need to file a domestic claim?
1 - A Completed Claims Form
File your domestic claim online. Or download the PS Form 1000, Domestic or International Claim form, complete it, mail it to our Accounting Services team.

2 - Evidence of Insurance
A mailing receipt, online label record, or shipment packaging can show the item was sent with insurance or Express Mail.

3 - Evidence of Value
You’ll also need to show the item’s value or estimated repair costs, with sales receipts or invoices.

4 - If Applicable, Proof of Damage or Loss of Contents
If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please hang on to the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later.

How long does it take to get reimbursement?
When all the documents are in order, claims are usually paid within 30 days.

How soon can you file a domestic claim?
For damage or partial loss, we recommend filing online right away, but the cutoff is 60 days from the date of mailing. No matter how you file, you’ll need to do it within about 6 months of the mailing date.