Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Did Fleer ever release a print run on the 1986 set???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellas!

Just curious because I was out of the hobby from 2001-2005... But did Fleer ever release a print run on the famed 1986 set before going under? Or has beckett ever found out? I always wondered how many Jordan RC's are really out there?

Any ideas?
No they did not. Most estimate put the set between 150,000 and 200,000 sets produced. I know the following year 87-88 had about half of that print run and that one was just shy of 100,000 sets produced.

This is all speculation I have picked up over the years and it would take me some time to find a reference.

That 86-87 set is not priced based on supply, but on demand. Fleer just made half the print run the following year and just compare the prices.
OMG! there are 150,000-200,000 Jordan Rookies then!!!!??? Geez! Thanks for the info
(08-24-2011, 06:17 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! there are 150,000-200,000 Jordan Rookies then!!!!??? Geez! Thanks for the info
Don't forget all of the unopened wax that is still out there. I would say there is atleast 80,000 in circulation (just a guestimate there).

The better condition MJ RCs keep the price high. Lets not forget all of the less than mint copies that there are, and getting the exact amount of the MJ RCs in circulation is hard because of all the fakes.

The set was produced in a high quantity and the reason the MJ RC is so valuable is because of the demand that there is for it.

I knew all of this and still the BGS 8 MJ RC is one of the cards that I have the most invested in.