Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Newbie needs help.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a comic book dealer that has inherited a pretty large collection of early 1990's basketball cards (have some baseball from that era too). Things like 94-95 Topps Series 2 wax boxes, 1995 Stadium Club 50, 1992 and 1993 Stadium Club Members Only (all four of each), 92-93 Topps Stadium Club Baskeball Series 1 complete sets, 91-92 Upper Deck wax boxes & 92-93 Fleer Ultra Series 1 wax box as well as some 90-91 Fleer sets.

Anything worth grading in that bunch? Don't want to take up anybody's time so if someone could point me to a resource where I could do a little research would be great (not afraid of working....). I figure Michael Jordan cards should be a good candidate but are there any others?

Comic Book grading? Talk to me...(will be glad to answer any questions) Trading Card grading? Uh Oh.... out of my league here.

Thanks in advance!

Walkin' Willie
(08-23-2011, 01:04 PM)walkinwillie Wrote: [ -> ]I am a comic book dealer that has inherited a pretty large collection of early 1990's basketball cards (have some baseball from that era too). Things like 94-95 Topps Series 2 wax boxes, 1995 Stadium Club 50, 1992 and 1993 Stadium Club Members Only (all four of each), 92-93 Topps Stadium Club Baskeball Series 1 complete sets, 91-92 Upper Deck wax boxes & 92-93 Fleer Ultra Series 1 wax box as well as some 90-91 Fleer sets.

Anything worth grading in that bunch? Don't want to take up anybody's time so if someone could point me to a resource where I could do a little research would be great (not afraid of working....). I figure Michael Jordan cards should be a good candidate but are there any others?

Comic Book grading? Talk to me...(will be glad to answer any questions) Trading Card grading? Uh Oh.... out of my league here.

Thanks in advance!

Not a whole lot of high-dollar stuff in that lot. The boxes would sell on eBay, probably $10-$15 each. Not really sure about the sets. The Members Only Stadium Club cards aren't too bad either. Hope that helps!

Walkin' Willie
Just like the Comic Price Guide, Beckett has a price guide as well for all cards or all sports and some trading cards like Magic and Yu-Gi-oh. This requires a monthly subscription of course, but you can also just go to the store and buy their magazine for about $5. The magazine does not have every card in it but does have prices on the higher end stuff.

If your interested in buying some comics sometime, let me know. I have some pretty nice stuff and have been trying to find the best way to move them.