Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Random Retail Breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my brother wanted to hang out yesterday to watch the Tigers game. He's 15 and doesn't collect cards, but loves to open them with me. So he wanted to bust some open so we went to the nearest Walmart and picked up some goods.

3 Victory Fat Packs
and this mysterious variety box (never seen before) that had 16 packs for $20. Supposedly a $40 value. This box was strange because it did not show you any pack that you would get like they usually do.

Here are just the highlights

Victory
Tavares RED
Seguin RED
D. Sedin RED
Niemi RED
Gaborik RED

Mystery Box
08-09 UD1 Doughty rc
09-10 UD1 JVR rc
97-98 Beehive Golden Portrait Brodeur
09-10 Victory Gold Vanek
08-09 Victory Gold Zidlicky
08-09 OPC Retro Ben Maxwell
08-09 MVP Abdelkader rc
08-09 OPC Boedker rc
every pack had a hit!
ended up being $85 in card value

So after the game my bro and I decide to grab another mystery box.
09-10 UD1 Ryan O'Reilly rc
08-09 OPC Retro Voracek
08-09 CC Reserve Thornton/Nabokov/Cheechoo
08-09 OPC Pietrangelo rc
most packs had hits and was $58 in value.

The nice thing about these was that the majority of the packs were newer, mostly 08-09, each even had a 10-11 Artifacts Retail pack (no hits tho). And No ProSet or older CC packs.

All are FT
nice hits congrats
Man that first mystery box treated you well. The Doughty and JVR Young Guns made it worthwhile. The rest just made it better. Congrats!
Nice break. I too found these at my local Kmart and bought 3. All 3 had 05-06 Beehive 5x7 pack. One of the boxes even had a pack of 08-09 Trilogy. Most of the pack in mine were newer and lots of packs of UD from 07-08 to 09-10 which netted me several YGs including a Patrick Kane. Great finds. Congrats on the breaks.
(08-22-2011, 02:58 PM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Nice break. I too found these at my local Kmart and bought 3. All 3 had 05-06 Beehive 5x7 pack. One of the boxes even had a pack of 08-09 Trilogy. Most of the pack in mine were newer and lots of packs of UD from 07-08 to 09-10 which netted me several YGs including a Patrick Kane. Great finds. Congrats on the breaks.
Patty Kane, DANG!
and Trilogy? Awesome.

These boxes are very good and worth their money. I will definitely buy some more!
Not bad
Awesome stuff. Please check my bucket for something for the Pietrangelo.
i came across one of these boxes today, and had good luck with mine too. i'll post my hits in a second, and congrats on yours!!
I got 2 of those a couple weeks ago and got nothing.
(08-26-2011, 04:35 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: [ -> ]I got 2 of those a couple weeks ago and got nothing.
I just bought another one and got nothing Sad
Should have stopped when I was ahead.
Pages: 1 2