Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Got Some Cards for my Roy PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Purchased some cards off eBay last night for my Patrick Roy PC. You all know about my dumb buy Tuesday night, but I feel like this one was much smarter!

Found a 325 card lot of mostly base cards and an O-Pee-Chee rookie card for good prices. Extremely excited about the rookie card. I never thought I'd own one of those.

I will most definitely get some duplicates in the lot as well as cards I already own, but my collection is hovering around the 200 mark and consists of about 50-60% of inserts so I should be adding a lot my PC when they arrive!

That was the last purchase I am making for a while until I can hopefully make some money back on that dumb purchase from Tuesday and I want to spend some time getting cards added to my spreadsheet and hopefully pay for a subscription on here so I can add things to organize and show off what I have as well as trade/sell!
nice for lot

good luck on getting more cards for your Roy PC!!

happy collecting
Congrats....Always nice to get PC items.
Congrats on getting some cards for the PC. It is always nice to be able to get a RC in the process. From one Roy collector to another, keep up the good work. We both have a long road ahead of us.

In my signature is a link to my Roy collection. Feel free to take a look. I have been putting it together for almost 10 years now.
(08-19-2011, 05:59 AM)rcm331 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on getting some cards for the PC. It is always nice to be able to get a RC in the process. From one Roy collector to another, keep up the good work. We both have a long road ahead of us.

In my signature is a link to my Roy collection. Feel free to take a look. I have been putting it together for almost 10 years now.
A long road indeed. I got my first Roy card in 2002 and collected until about 04. I just started collecting again in July of this year.

I don't have a site dedicated to my PC yet, but I do have a section on my blog. http://putitoniceblog.com/cards/patrick-roy/ I just won a 50 card lot a few days ago along with the 325 card lot of all Roy stuff so my PC will be a bit larger very soon!
very nice blog!!
(08-19-2011, 08:30 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]very nice blog!!
Thanks. I built it using Wordpress. It's been up for a year and I have just over 10,000 unique hits. I haven't spent much time writing during the off season because I've been focusing more on my cards and getting a spreadsheet set up. I also write about the Avs for The Hockey Writer.
Got the Roy RC today. I'm worried it might be a fake. Trying to find a magnifying glass in my house so I can check it out and send it back if it is. If it is I know a guy who has a lot of Roy memorabilia including an RC he wants to give me with the rest of his lot...all for less than the the price of the RC alone.

Had I known that Wednesday I never would have bought this one and taken the chance of it being fake.