Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A&G cloth price?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anybody have any idea about how much say an ok player of the 2011 A&G cloths would go for. Just looking for even a round about idea.
What player?
Pedro Alvarez
$10-$15 I would guess
(08-16-2011, 02:43 PM)iconms Wrote: [ -> ]$10-$15 I would guess
That sounds about right.
I have a decent amount of experience with A&G silk/cloth (they were called cloth in 2008-2009, silk in 2010-2011). They are difficult to price since there is no BV for any of them. In my particular case, I've been trying to collect A&G cloth/silk's of science-related cards and there are 3 good examples of extremely overpriced ones on eBay right now. There's a graded Electron silk for BIN/obo $400, an X-ray silk for BIN $110 (I tried to get the seller to come down considering it's been listed for over a month and the exact same card in seemingly better condition just sold for $32 but no luck), and a da Vinci for BIN $250 (granted da Vinci has come crossover value whereas the other 2 are strictly science). Anyway, obviously the price will greatly depend on the buyer but I think iconms is dead on, usually the base-type player will be $10-$15. I'm not real familiar with Alvarez though, just that he's a 14th rounder and was recently demoted and brought back, so I don't know how collectible he is.
Pedro Alvarez was drafted in the first round by the Pirates.

He has had a very rough sophmore season but hopefully can bounce back next year.

20 bucks tops for your card.
My bad, he was drafted in the 14th round out of high school by the Sox but turned it down.