Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Introduction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wasn't sure if this was the best place to do it or not, but since I plan to be fairly active in buying and hopefully trading football cards I figured I'd do it here.

Hi everyone, Jacksonville resident, die-hard Chicago Bears fan. Just getting back into collecting in a serious way. Bought a few boxes of the 2011 Panini Prestige Today, couple boxes of the 2010 Epix (another guy at the shop was hoping I pulled Tebow stuff to trade for Bears stuff). So far I really like that I can buy a box of cards and get 4 NICE pieces of memorabilia. I'm from the days of buying an entire box and being lucky to get one decent card that's better than a common. I've already pulled (in my opinion), some really cool stuff. I had I think 2, 5 and 6 hit boxes respectively today at the shop.

Any rules, regulations, or general habits I should know about aside from the basics in the forum rules? I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks.

Oh, quick question. I see a lot of people saying they are "scanning" cards. Is that safe to do with the autograph cards? Or will it damage the ink?
Welcome man!
Welcome to the site. Lots of good folks here. And so long as you keep a soft sleeve on the card when you scan the autos should be just fine.
Welcome to the site man.
One thing you want to make sure of is that all your cards are added into your ORG and marked for trade or not. Also....as far as I know scanning auto cards is completely fine.It isnt something I would do 100000 times to a single card but you should have no trouble.

You can PM me if you have any questions or need any help.

I am trying to get a trade going so if you want to get your first one done then LMK Smile

Enjoy the site and get to know some of the very nice guys on the boards.
(08-13-2011, 11:31 PM)mik253 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the site. Lots of good folks here. And so long as you keep a soft sleeve on the card when you scan the autos should be just fine.
Thanks for the info. Will a hard sleeve screw up the image? I got (again in my opinion), a REALLY nice 10/10 Michael Turner Auto/jersey (I think that's the right term) card out of the prestige today, and one of the Ed "Too Tall" Jones Cowboy cards.

I'd like to make a photobucket database of my cards, or something of the sort to make trading and sorting easy. Just not sure how viable it is. I do like the fact that I can add all the cards I have so far on here as soon as I click on the icon. Is there a way to make it calculate the value of your set for you? I see the button, but it keeps coming up as $0. Sorry for asking like 10 things in this post, just trying to get it all out of the way.
when scanning just make sure you have the card in at least a penny sleeve and your card should be fine from any damage that could happen when you scan
(08-13-2011, 11:36 PM)rogue655 Wrote: [ -> ]when scanning just make sure you have the card in at least a penny sleeve and your card should be fine from any damage that could happen when you scan
This is where I wasn't sure. I have some of the memorabilia cards that are really thick. Is the penny sleeve the best bet for those?
(08-13-2011, 11:34 PM)JaxFootballGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info. Will a hard sleeve screw up the image? I got (again in my opinion), a REALLY nice 10/10 Michael Turner Auto/jersey (I think that's the right term) card out of the prestige today, and one of the Ed "Too Tall" Jones Cowboy cards.

I'd like to make a photobucket database of my cards, or something of the sort to make trading and sorting easy. Just not sure how viable it is. I do like the fact that I can add all the cards I have so far on here as soon as I click on the icon. Is there a way to make it calculate the value of your set for you? I see the button, but it keeps coming up as $0. Sorry for asking like 10 things in this post, just trying to get it all out of the way.
Make sure you have added a 1 in the haves column and then something should come up when you calculate the collection. As far as scanning I think the cards look better when scanned with just a soft sleeve.
a general rule is to contact me if you come across a peppers auto card lol other than that not much to tell ya but welcome aboard!!
Welcome to the site!!! And check with me before move any Cowboys cards please. Do you plan to collect all Bears players ? Are you going to collect base or just GU and Autos?
Pages: 1 2 3