Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need major advice on an offer (MJ RC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys I need major help!!!

I have one chance to make an offer on a BGS 9 Jordan RC with subs of 10 Centering, 9.5 Edges, 9 Corners, and 9 Surface! Basically it's the absolute highest a BGS 9 can go subgrades-wise... What's a fair offer that I should make? Any suggestions?
If you really want the card be willing to spend the most you can afford financially. I would low ball the guy first though.

(08-13-2011, 05:11 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]Guys I need major help!!!

I have one chance to make an offer on a BGS 9 Jordan RC with subs of 10 Centering, 9.5 Edges, 9 Corners, and 9 Surface! Basically it's the absolute highest a BGS 9 can go subgrades-wise... What's a fair offer that I should make? Any suggestions?
Yeah, offer something low but not insulting. 9's don't come around every day and the seller is probably just as well aware of that as you.

I can't put what the listed BV is for a Jordan RC graded at a 9, but I would suggest offering about $500 less than that figure as a starting point. Good luck! We all expect scans if you get it!
I just don't see how the subgrades:a 10, a 9.5, 9, and 9 gets an 9 overall...Should be a 9.5
They go with the low number.. your card is only as good as one of its flaws Smile
(08-14-2011, 05:46 AM)antriarc Wrote: [ -> ]They go with the low number.. your card is only as good as one of its flaws Smile
Not true. The card could have had a BGS 8.5 instead of one of the 9's and stil got a BGS 9. The highest grade your card can ever be is .5 more than the lowest grade. But only one of the four grades can be .5 below the others.

BGS 9.5 - 9.5 - 9 - 9 = BGS 9
BGS 9.5 - 9.5 - 9.5 - 8.5 = BGS 9
BGS 9.5 - 9.5 - 9.5 - 9 = BGS 9.5
BGS 10 - 10 - 10 - 9 = BGS 9.5

There may be some complicated logorithm BGS uses, but this is how I have always seen card grades work out.