Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Mail day photos, including my Strasburg Purple Refractor kick to the groin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
They crack easy you just need to be careful. I saw two examples on youtube.and cracked 3 cases myself. Good luck
I don't understand the fingerprint thing. Do the graders not wipe the cards down when they get them? Are the graders wearing gloves when they pull them out of the top loaders? It seems to that the cards would at least get wiped down with a cloth or something before they get started. I'm new to the grading thing, but I think a 3.5 would be pretty noticeable to the card holder. That has to be something major, I would think. Sorry about the low grade, that is brutal.
I would ask beckett where the giant scratch is!!!
Man that is rough!

Even if it doesnt have a good surface, a 3.5 is just off!

Still a good looking card though.
I know what the issue is if you pulled the Strasburg out of retail alot of the 2010 Bowman Draft cards all the surfaces are messed up. I can scan a bunch of the stuff i pulled last year and show you what im talking about. I probably have 20-25 cards that are destroyed because of it. The issue needs be taking up with Topps not beckett. All Beckett can do is grade it
That card is getting busted out asap. Lol. It sucks because I really prefer Beckett grading on newer cards. I guess this one will be psa graded though.
The Strasburg probably had that powdery film on the surface that Topps brilliantly puts there to keep them from sticking together. You should break it out, clean the surface with a microfiber cloth and then resubmit. The surface does appear to have some kind of nicks or marks
(08-12-2011, 07:25 PM)thepozr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the fingerprint thing. Do the graders not wipe the cards down when they get them? Are the graders wearing gloves when they pull them out of the top loaders? It seems to that the cards would at least get wiped down with a cloth or something before they get started. I'm new to the grading thing, but I think a 3.5 would be pretty noticeable to the card holder. That has to be something major, I would think. Sorry about the low grade, that is brutal.
They absolutely will NOT clean your cards for you, too much risk. You have to clean them yourself before sending them in

i once again must restate....if you have a 3.5 for surface..and its nothing you can't clean off safely... I highly doubt you will be happy with the results from PSA either.

its not the difference between a BGS 8 getting a PSA 9
(08-12-2011, 08:07 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: [ -> ]i once again must restate....if you have a 3.5 for surface..and its nothing you can't clean off safely... I highly doubt you will be happy with the results from PSA either.

its not the difference between a BGS 8 getting a PSA 9
Would it be better to pull it out and leave the card ungraded?
(08-12-2011, 08:13 PM)jconstein Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be better to pull it out and leave the card ungraded?
My own two cents on this would be to either just leave it in or pop and leave it ungraded. You've already invested in getting it graded and you'll spend even more to get it regraded. If the surface already got hit that low, I would assume there is something there that you're not seeing and it'll be wasted money the second time around as well. Are you looking for a specific grade?

My suggestion is to pop it, since you are not happy with it anyway, and have someone else inspect the card. If there is a card shop or show around, see if any dealers at either of those places will take a look at it for you since they should be unbiased eyes looking at it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4