Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: a tribute to MJ the shot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering if Upperdeck ever use this image for it past card product.
It would look awesome on a chronology auto set. but I doubt it...Lol
[Image: mjshot.jpg]

anyway here is my tribute...
[Image: CIMG2837-1-1-1.jpg]
downer deck
i wish we could blow up the image and see all the faces in the crowd. all that anguish knowing the shot was going in.
(08-09-2011, 08:30 PM)sky20t Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if Upperdeck ever use this image for it past card product.
It would look awesome on a chronology auto set. but I doubt it...Lol
[Image: mjshot.jpg]

anyway here is my tribute...
[Image: CIMG2837-1-1-1.jpg]
simply put THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER.BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling there is card, just not from that Angle. Nickm or pingbling would know for sure.
i know of some tribute cards and i have a ud motion card that when you turn the card the play, plays out. but i really dont recollect seeing specific base cards in sets with the picture. there are so many cards though, its hard to remember.
Actually, I think there is card of the shot in the 1998 MJ: A living Legend set. I could be wrong, as I haven't gone through those cards in a while, but I think it's there. Either that, or the MJx Set from the same year.
Here's the shot - Rik Smits-style

[Image: 2273d551-aeb2-4a60-8b7a-29696abe3157.jpg]

I love this card.

Here's the footage of the awesome few seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMr2hpfd2Tw

Notice the time numbers on the shot clock.
it showed 6 rings : 6 Finals MVPs
Lol...

By the way, nice Smit..Lol
one of the few good big white player in the league.
I have seen "the shot" on jumbo cards and even some with the floor from that arena on them. I can't recall if there was smaller base versions in any set.
Pages: 1 2